Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #1  

Default SBD prepackaged foods?

I've been on Phase 1 for 4 days now and doing great!
I was wondering if anyone has ever seen any South Beach foods, other than frozen, such as snack bars, etc?
Old 02-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #2  

i have bought the cookies, and wheat crackers, and a lunchable type thing. they were really good. I am doing ww and their food is better than any of the ww meals
Old 02-14-2006, 10:36 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The South Beach prepared foods are mainly for occasional use on Phase II, not on Phase I, as they are fairly highly processed.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:47 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

JUst found out that there are some Phase I meals in the SBD dinners - one of them is Chicken with Broccoli and Caluliflower! Just remember that these are for occasional use only.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #5  

Default Prepackaged food

I just finished P1 and tried the KungPow Chicken and another chicken w/ green beans. They're okay, not something I'd want to eat regularly- but for the times when I'm in a rush (or when I had nothing else in the house to eat) they were fine. (The sauce with the chicken ang green beans it a bit odd for my tastes, but in a pinch, I've had to eat it.)
In P2 I'm now eating the meal replacement bars- again, not my first choice, but on the nights I have class, they're really my only option. (It's a class that meets from 4:50-7:20- right over dinner - and I have a 30-40 min drive home-eating at 8pm doesn't work for me! And we're in a computer lab the whole time, so I can't exactly take a salad with me. Thankfully, it's just once a week!) The fresh foods are always the best!
Old 02-15-2006, 05:37 PM   #6  

I tried a wrap, and quite honestly I was not full after eating it. I definitly am fuller when I pack my own lunch. It is a phase 2 meal.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #7  
Chris, a chick on track!

S/C/G: sz 24/sz 20/sz 14

I try to make most of my own lunches but let's face it it's nice to have some convenience foods. I ended up buying coupons, a big group for $1, on ebay. I know - an odd thing to buy on eBay but I figure that I saved over $10 so why not.

I love the cereal, but the frozen pizza was just so-so.

I really love the refrigerated wraps. I like the southwestern chicken and the chicken caesar, I add all the ingredients besides the wraps to a simple salad. Then I eat some of it in the wraps and the rest of the salad by itself, YUM!

Of course, as Ruth noted, most everything is phase 2 or beyond. Good Luck!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthierMe
I try to make most of my own lunches but let's face it it's nice to have some convenience foods. I ended up buying coupons, a big group for $1, on ebay. I know - an odd thing to buy on eBay but I figure that I saved over $10 so why not.

I love the cereal, but the frozen pizza was just so-so.

I really love the refrigerated wraps. I like the southwestern chicken and the chicken caesar, I add all the ingredients besides the wraps to a simple salad. Then I eat some of it in the wraps and the rest of the salad by itself, YUM!

Of course, as Ruth noted, most everything is phase 2 or beyond. Good Luck!
I was looking at the wraps today, I'll give them a try sometime. Yesterday I tried a beef one with brocolli on the side...it was for P1...it was AWFUL! Not my best intro to their stuff, but I'm willing to try again!
Old 02-24-2006, 12:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

HI. Im on the sonoma diet but I incorporate some south beach products for convenience. The wraps are very good. I also love the southwestern and ceasar. I tried a frozen dinner today and it was good. I cant remember the name but it was chicken with a tomato based sauce with cheese and a side of brocc and cauli. I would recommend this. the chicken actually seemed like chicken and not processed crap.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:58 PM   #10  

oh and the peanut butter and choc chip oatmeal cookies are awesome.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner0620
oh and the peanut butter and choc chip oatmeal cookies are awesome.
where do you find these?
Old 02-25-2006, 09:37 PM   #12  

they are in the cookie isle of the grocery store
Old 02-28-2006, 08:55 AM   #13  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner0620
they are in the cookie isle of the grocery store
found them...and may I say....YUM?!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

I LOVE the prepackaged SB wraps. Basically a lunchable by SB. HOwever, I finally bought my own whole wheat wraps, deli meat and Grey Poupon last night because it is cheaper! I also love the peanut butter cereal bar. I can't believe it is oky to eat. AFter not having real sugar for so long, everything tastes great. I couldn't believe how sweat a carrot tasted the other night!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #15  
South Beach Life Style

Okay , I just found this info, at www.southbeachdiet.com/kraft
and I just tried the Turkey & Bacon wraps,, they are awesome.. ONCE in a while Is fine to me,,,,, I hope this helps anyone.............. Take Care All

Quote:
Are these products endorsed by the South Beach Diet and Dr. Agatston, the author?

Yes. The alliance with Dr. Agatston, the author of The South Beach Diet, and Kraft Foods gives consumers an easy way to choose convenient, great-tasting products that will help them with weight management and eating right.
All the products meet the nutritional standards of the diet and have been approved by Dr. Agatston.

Can these products be used for maintaining my weight?

The South Beach Diet products may be appropriate for a weight-loss diet or those people merely looking for choices to maintain weight with a nutritionally balanced diet. Always consult with your physician or other health care professional should you have questions regarding your personal health.
Are The South Beach Diet™ products ideally only targeted to those consumers who are on the South Beach Diet™? Can someone not on the The South Beach Diet™ or who's on a completely different diet consume the The South Beach Diet™ products?

The South Beach Diet products may be appropriate for someone on a weight loss diet or merely looking for choices to maintain weight with a nutritionally balanced diet.
The products are based on the principles of the diet and in general, are good sources of protein, fiber, whole grains, and many essential vitamins and minerals.

As always, please consult your physician before beginning a weight loss program.

How often does Dr. Agatston recommend using these convenience foods?

For people who follow the popular South Beach Diet, meal preparation time can be a challenge to sticking with the program.
The South Beach Diet products were designed to provide quick, convenient and delicious options that can keep consumer on-track all day long.

There are a wide variety of products to provide options across the day, whether for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacking.

There are 2 cereal varieties, 5 cereal bars, 3 meal replacement bars, 5 refrigerated sandwich wraps, 8 frozen entrees and 4 frozen pizzas.

Dr. Agatston would not recommend replacing all meals with meal replacement bars, but rather use these products when needed as a convenient and quick choice.

You can also find a list of other products that are recommended by the South Beach diet, such as meats, cheese, nuts, desserts under the Kraft Recipes & Products section of this website.
Closed Thread