3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   SBD Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions-115/)
-   -   New to the South Beach diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions/53358-new-south-beach-diet.html)

jank242000 02-12-2005 06:47 AM

New to the South Beach diet

Hi! I'm going to be trying the SB diet and wondered if anyone has any good tips to keep in mind? I'm soon to be 53 years young and am ready to change my lifelstyle for good! Any help would be appreciated!!
Jan
why won't my smileys take??

Barb0522 02-12-2005 08:50 AM

Welcome to the Beach, Jan. I'm not sure about your smilies. I just click on them from the list of them.

As far as important things, read the book to understand the diet and read the food lists in the FAQ section to know the changes. Some foods are allowed that didn't used to be when the book was printed. Planning meals and snacks is important. Eating enough vegetables (4 1/2 cups per day) makes a huge difference as does drinking your water.

Ruthxxx 02-12-2005 09:03 AM

Good advice from Barb, Jan, and welcome to The Beach.

Did you try clicking on a smiley from the list to the right? If it didn't work, there may be a problem in your options setting in your profile that does not allow smilies in your posts. Let me know and I'll check it out.

Please join us in the daily or weekend chat threads in Fat Chicks On The Beach.

ellis 02-12-2005 09:53 AM

Welcome to the Beach, Jan! :wave:
I checked your options, and they're set correctly to show images... you must be doing something wrong. ;)
Try what Barb and Ruth suggested. :yes:

rmillings 02-16-2005 03:35 PM

Newbie from Austin, Texas!

Just wanted to thank you for being here. I have been a WW person for a couple of years but hit a plateau at the same time I hit 50! So, I have joined Curves and am going to start reading South Beach Diet book I just bought a try. Can anyone tell me if the SBD online tools are worth the $5 per week? And, do SBDers have local meetings like WW do? :coffee:

Barb0522 02-16-2005 05:27 PM

Most of us do not belong to the $5 a week online site. We find lots of information here. You can get the Daily Dish by going to the online site and signing up without paying. I've never heard of local meetings for South Beach. You can always ask if anyone lives in your area and you might get together in real life. Too bad you are so far south. I'm in a Dallas suburb.

rmillings 02-16-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barb0522
Most of us do not belong to the $5 a week online site. We find lots of information here. You can get the Daily Dish by going to the online site and signing up without paying. I've never heard of local meetings for South Beach. You can always ask if anyone lives in your area and you might get together in real life. Too bad you are so far south. I'm in a Dallas suburb.

Thank you for letting me know that all I need if 3 Fat Chicks and saving me $5 a week! Once I read the book and ready to start, I will hit these boards everyday!

ellis 02-17-2005 08:11 AM

Hi, rmillings! :wave:
Welcome to the Beach!!
Ditto what Barb said. :yes: