Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 06:22 PM   #1  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Question SBD On-line

Is anyone using the On-line SBD and do you think it's worth it I haven't got a lot of $$$ to spare right now but was wondering if the shopping lists, menus etc were worth the cost. Thanks for any input you can give me. I like a structured diet plan. Seems to keep me on track better. When left to my own devices....I add JUNK FOOD!
Old 09-11-2004, 08:33 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well the thing I didn't like about SBD online is that they give you a weekly menu and shopping lists and such, but they don't let you enter in your own food and recipes, which I would like. If you are a person who likes to be given a meal plan and can follow it, then it may be worth it for you.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:42 PM   #3  

On principle I resent the money grab of it. Many books have online features that add to or clarify the books. When I buy the book, I think I should have access to the online material without added charge. IMHO

There is so much support on the web, including shopping lists if you search for them. I've heard that the SB publishers are sending legal notices to sites that use their proprietary vocabulary, but not sure how that might impact message boards like this one.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:11 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Heidi, the website is a service being provided, in that they will do personalized meal plans with grocery lists and recipes for the meal plan they give you. It isn't really considered a support site for people who already own the book. It also contains most of the stuff in the book, so for some people it could be a cheaper alternative to learn the plan rather than buying the book.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:02 AM   #5  

I was disappointed that updated food lists and some of Dr. A's additional comments, or at least an archive of The Daily Dish, weren't openly available. You are right though that other more personalized services would warrant a user fee.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:44 AM   #6  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Heidi and Nelie~ I really appreciate your imput. I just find the $5 fee excessive considering I already bought the book, the cookbook and the good fats/good carbs book in December. I have found so much info on 3FC that I think I'll pass and see how I do.
For some reason when I have a "game" plan I do better. But last night I printed out a LOT of SB info here. Thanks again for your thoughts. I was wrestling with this all week!
Have a great day!
Closed Thread