Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 10:43 AM   #1  

Default Which Yogurt for Phase I?

Well guys, I started Monday - even while my guests were still in town. I am amazed at how well I've done so far - and really have not had any severe cravings or reactions from coming off the carbs. I even managed to get used to Diet Coke in record time!

My question is about Yogurt. I know that the plan calls for Fat Free Plain Yogurt, right? Well everything I found at the store was like 20 carbs and 17sugars on that. Where as the Yoplait Ultra, Low-Carb Lifestyle, sweetened with Splenda, variety has only 8 carbs and 5 sugars. One is 0 fat, the Yoplait is 2.5 fat, but the yoplait also has less calories. I avoided it all together because I was so unsure which one was right? If we're supposed to avoid carbs/sugars, wouldn't the one that is lower be better?
Old 09-02-2004, 11:02 AM   #2  

We're not low carb. We are healthy carb so don't worry about that. What you want in yogurt is no sugar added. The milk that the yogurt is made from has natural sugar (lactose) which is fine. Just use one with no added sugars and no fat.

Dannan Fat Free Plain yogurt only contains cultured grade A nonfat milk and pectin. It has 90 calories per 6 ounces.

One phase 2 I switched to Blue Bunny Lite 85.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:33 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

The last time I looked this up, P1 was for vanailla no sugar added and plain no sugar added, fat free. Fruit flavored no sugar added yogurt was acceptable for P2.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:44 PM   #4  

Where can I find this? I spent ten minutes at the yogurt display in Jewel and none of them said fat free no sugar added.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:53 PM   #5  

They will usually say Fat Free and often say light. Just check the ingredients and make sure that there is no added sugar or fat. I cannot find them in a 4oz which is the servings size we are supposed to have but I eat 6 oz a morning and just know that I may lose a little slower because of it. Or you can save part of the yogurt until later.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:52 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Most all fat free plain and vanilla will not have sugar added. On the vanilla, make sure it has an artificial sweetener and not fructose, corn syrup, etc. It will still have sugars in the carb count, but there are naturally occuring sugars in the lactose. Those are ok.
Closed Thread