Old 02-01-2005, 09:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'8"

I know this was asked about a while ago but I thought I would throw this out there anyway.

Super WM has the SF Davinci's in the coffee aisle.
~Nat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:51 PM   #17  
Zen-meister

Try the miso dressing from Galeos. You can order it here: http://www.galeoscafe.com/products.html.

It was featured on The Biggest Loser. Click on the individual flavors and you'll see the nutritional facts. All have less than 1g of carbs per 1 TBS serving.
ChinkyDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 206/167/155

Height: 5'6"

Which type of pasta would be best for phase 2. Hodgson Mills has 40 carbs per serving. Don't you think that is alot??
jpleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 05:28 AM   #19  

Remember that this is NOT a low carb diet. We are not counting carbs. Hodgson Mills is a great pasta for South Beach because it is 100% whole wheat - and my whole family loves the taste!
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:47 PM   #20  
Shooting for under 200!!

My favorite SBD friendly product is Dannon Naturals FF plain yogurt. I am totally addicted to PB yogurt! ( = When I was in P1 I tried the PB Cups w/the sf fudgsicle but once I could have dairy again - oh boy, this was the ticket! This is often my dessert of choice. If I'm wanting chocolate I add a little cocoa to it & just increase the amount of Splenda to balance it out. YUM!
sugarcrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #21  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Post Dreamfields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi-ho
Hello,

Has anyone tried the "DreamFeilds" brand of Pasta. They claim to only have 5 grams of digestible carbs per serving. I've tried it b/f starting SB and found them to taste great! I actually like it more than regular pasta and I'm Italian!!!

Would this product be ok for phase II? Not every day of course, but maybe once a week?
We ate these - pre-SBD though. However, I did research. It's glycemic index is 12. It had 37 grams of carbs, made from semolina flour. The digestible carbs are only 5 grams. Well read this:

The technology behind Dreamfields Pasta results in most of the carbohydrate grams becoming “protected” or non-digestible, Dr. Anfinsen tells me. It “involves molecular interactions that help block the enzyme from attacking the carbohydrate starch granule. It is not encapsulated. We have basically creating the situation where there is a matrix more or less that has a tendency to attract the enzyme to the matrix and not the carbohydrate.” These non-digestible carbohydrates aren’t counted as fiber, but they “start to act as fiber in the colon,” Dr. Anfinsen says. “They perform just like any other fiber in the colon; whether it be a soluble or an insoluble fiber that is fermented, it acts the same.” Source: http://www.mendosa.com/dreamfields_pasta.htm

It would be interesting if SBD looked into this and endorsed it - but then again it could just be another chemically processed food, that is too good to be true!!
HottieInHiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 03:23 PM   #22  

The coffee shop at Border's Bookstores has DaVinci syrups.

Kris
grayhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:39 PM   #23  
YES!! You Can!!

S/C/G: 274/150.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Has anyone tried the "DreamFeilds" brand of Pasta. They claim to only have 5 grams of digestible carbs per serving. I've tried it b/f starting SB and found them to taste great! I actually like it more than regular pasta and I'm Italian!!!
I've been eating Dreamfields pasta for a few months now. I have it about once every 2 weeks and it has not gotten in the way of my weight loss!!

It tastes fabulous and the consistency is the same as regular pasta. Eventhough it is a semolina flour product, I eat it because it works for me.

On the subject of dressings, I use Good Seasons Zesty Italian and use olive oil and balsamic vinegar and throw in some of my own spices ie: crushed red pepper, cause I like it spicy!!

Dannon Carb Control yogurt is terrific!! Its made with splenda and the raspberry is delish!!
Judynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:18 PM   #24  

Has anybody seen the Atkins Carb Countdown yogurt smoothies? I was wondering if these would be okay for Phase I. Here are the stats:

Calories 100
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 10mg
Sodium 45mg
Total Carbohydrate 4g
Sugars 1g
Protein 13g

Let me know what you think.
cindytexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:09 PM   #25  

Cindy,

It would depend on what the ingredients are. If you can post those then we can help you determine if they are allowed.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:26 PM   #26  
Slow and Steady...

For those of you who are on the go (or just don't cook!)...Louis Rich packages pre-cooked chicken breast slices in 4 varieties. The package even says "South Beach Recommended"!

I buy this when I don't have time to bake chicken breasts at home. That way I can throw some on a salad that I bought at the cafeteria at work and I'm good to go!

Barb
Barb1037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:25 PM   #27  

Default how do you make PB yogurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcrazed
My favorite SBD friendly product is Dannon Naturals FF plain yogurt. I am totally addicted to PB yogurt! ( = When I was in P1 I tried the PB Cups w/the sf fudgsicle but once I could have dairy again - oh boy, this was the ticket! This is often my dessert of choice. If I'm wanting chocolate I add a little cocoa to it & just increase the amount of Splenda to balance it out. YUM!

you say the product you buy is plain yogurt so what is this delicious sounding PB yogurt and how do you make it?
laceyreebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:38 AM   #28  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out our Recipe Forum. There's lots of good stuff there.
Here's the PB Cup http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40576 .
Watch out! It's addictive and too many can affect weightloss.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #29  

Default Da Vinci in Texas

I live in Houston and I found the SF DaVinci syrups in the coffee aisle at Walmart.
kgtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:43 AM   #30  
Who needs sleep?

Davinci and Torani syrups are usually in the coffee aisle here in the Seattle area, too - both make sf syrups. You can probably order them online if you can't get them locally. I know Amazon.com is just starting to sell foods online, so maybe give them a look-see if the companies don't sell online or have large minimum orders.

Does anyone know, in ph2 & 3 on rare occasions (like birthdays), can you use a non-refined sugar in baking, like raw sugar? DH and I hate the taste of splenda, and we both dislike both refined foods and "fake" foods (such as artificial sweeteners), so I thought maybe something like raw sugar in small amounts in baking a birthday cake or some such might be okay?
H-ko is offline   Reply With Quote