SBD-Friendly Products: Questions and Suggestions

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Best Salad Dressings
    I found a brand called Walden Farms... It is GREAT... I found it in Tampa - and also in NJ - Recently found the SugarFree version in a Super Target!

I've tried Several Flavors and like them ALL!!! They have a calorie free/sugar free/carb free version -- Best flavor is the Oriental and the Russian Dressing.

They also have just a plain Sugar Free version - I'm not sure how this calculates with SBD diets - But they seem to fit the plan...

Check them out...

Hope you like them...

- Penny

Quote: I am still having difficulty with salad dressings .. I am going to tire of Italian REAL fast!
  • prc- Love your name - I'm trying to lose the 10lbs I lost last year. Somehow I keep finding it. Anyhow. I'm craving a Starbucks Gingerbred Latte. Most of my cookbooks have molasses as an ingredient for gingerbread. I'm new here and it looks like you guys have checked out a number of SB Phase II friendly products. Any suggestions? I can do without the thick consistency I'm really just craving the gingerbread taste.
  • Trader Joes Soy Pita
    Does anyone know if this is legal for PH2?
    if not I can get WW Tortillas there but man the fall makes me crave soup and sandwich!
    thanks
    Kierie
  • What are the ingredients? Soy flour is fine but what else is in it?
  • I'll have to check the traderjoes website
  • Hi! I am new here, these forums look really interesting! I have a question about a product I found today, and whether it is acceptable for Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. Here are the ingredients - it is Amy's Organic Black Bean Chili in a can.
    Organic Black Bean Chili
    INGREDIENTS : (VEGAN) ORGANIC BLACK BEANS, ORGANIC TOMATOES, ORGANIC ONIONS, FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC BELL PEPPERS, ORGANIC GREEN CHILES, ORGANIC HIGH OLEIC SAFFLOWER AND/OR SUNFLOWER OIL, ORGANIC LIME JUICE, SEA SALT, SPICES, ORGANIC GARLIC.

Looks okay, right?

Here is the nutrition information:
    Serving Size: 1 cup(s)
    Serving Per Container: 2
    Calories: 200 Calories from Fat:20
    Total Fat: 2g
    Saturated Fat: 0g
    Trans Fat: 0g
    Cholesterol: 0mg
    Sodium: 680mg
    Carbohydrates: 31g
    Fiber: 15g
    Sugars: 3g
    Protein: 13g

What do you think? Can I eat this? Hope so!! Am looking for some easy fast lunch ideas (ie heat and eat) for the office!!
  • Looks just fine to me. Great Fiber!
  • Thanks so much!
  • Quote: prc- Love your name - I'm trying to lose the 10lbs I lost last year. Somehow I keep finding it. Anyhow. I'm craving a Starbucks Gingerbred Latte. Most of my cookbooks have molasses as an ingredient for gingerbread. I'm new here and it looks like you guys have checked out a number of SB Phase II friendly products. Any suggestions? I can do without the thick consistency I'm really just craving the gingerbread taste.
    Hi! Believe it or not, DaVinci makes a SF Ginger Bread syrup.... You can buy them online at:

http://www.davincigourmet.com/

Click on Products and then on the SF link.... Enjoy

- Penny
  • Thanks : I've only been able to find Davinci Vanilla and Hazelnut locally. Barnies carries SF Monin syrups and I've had the Caramel but I know the Davinci is really good I've had the Kaluha flavor at Borders.
  • Quaker Weight Smart
    I saw the Quaker Weight SMart Oatmeal on Biggest Loser and wondered if it would be ok for P2?

It is instant (I know the book says no to instant, but this sounds different, really fortified.)
    Here are the stats:
    Calories: 160
    from fat: 25
    Fat: 3 g (.5 sat fat)
    CHolesterol: 0
    Sodium: 270mg
    carbs: 29 g (dietary fiber- 6g, soluble fiber- 4 g sugars 1 g - sweeted w/ SPlenda)
    Protein- 7g

Ingredients: Whole grain rolled oats, maltodextrin, whey protein isolate, salt, natural/artificial flavors, oat flour, calcium carbonate, guar gum, cinnamon, etc.
  • It is still instant and I don't like the maltodextrine in it. Regular oatmeal only takes 5 minutes in the microwave (use a big bowl) and is great with Splenda and cinnamon and fruit.
  • Quote: I was just wondering what aisle I can find this in? I haven't seen it at the store. I shop at Meijer in Grand Rapids, MI.
    I've found this occaisionally in the coffee aisle, never in my Meijer's though. You can sometimes find it in TJMaxx and Marshalls too! But...the sugar free variety is never a lot. They do have a web site though and you can order all different sugar free versions there.
  • I'm hooked on the South Beach Brand of deli wraps. Comes like a lunchable. I know it would be cheaper to find the right kind of wraps and make it myself. I haven't been to Sam's Club in months because My membership expired! however, they had a high fiber low carb wrap ... does anyone know if it is good for SBD?? I'm on phase 2 now.
  • Please erase "low carb" from your brain. We don't fret over carbs but just make sure to eat the right carbs. There are whole wheat pitas and tortillas available almost everywhere in North America these days. Just be sure the firt ingredient is WHOLE wheat flour, not "enriched".