Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 10:08 AM   #1  

Default Two newbie questions for you :)

I have two newbie questions...

1. Why can't you have SF jam/jelly/fruit spread?

2. In the SBD book it says to avoid Egg salad? If we can have eggs and mayo, why is this a no-no?

Thanks in advance for your guidance!!
Old 05-13-2004, 12:17 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

First of all.....welcome to The Beach!

1. Fruit spread is made with fruit which is not allowed on Phase I. OK in Phase II.
2. Darned if I know! Same thing in the Good Fat, Good Carb Guide. Could you give me a page number reference from the book, please. If you make your own with egg and mayo (not Miracle Whip), it should be OK.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:39 PM   #3  

Ruth-

I was aware of fruit not being allowed in Phase I but was under the assumption it wasn't allowed in Phase II as well. Thanks for the clarification of that!

Regarding the egg salad, the only place that I have noticed a reference was in the Good Fat, Good Carb Guide where it says to 'Avoid', I should have mentioned which book! I was thinking that maybe it would be a no-no if you bought pre-made salad (i.e. deli), sometimes not knowing what the contents were. But if I was going to have this, I'd make it myself.

Thank you SO much for the help and welcome
Old 05-13-2004, 12:40 PM   #4  

My fingers are working faster than my brain-- Is it Friday yet!?!?!
I was aware of fruit not being allowed in Phase I but was under the assumption FRUIT SPREAD wasn't allowed in Phase II as well. Thanks for the clarification of that!
Closed Thread