Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 11:35 AM   #1  

Default Laughing Cow cheese

OK, this stuff tastes good but does it come in anything other than the little triangle packages? They are nearly impossible to open and to work with.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

I think you're just going to have to work with the packaging, Wendyjo. I think it's part of the "charm". Besides, you're supposed to only have one at a time. Not the entire package.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:23 PM   #3  

LOL...well, I do only have one at a time. But when I'm trying to fix tomorrows lunches for DH & myself it drives me nuts trying to get the triangles open and then trying to get the cheese out of the triangles and into some celery. It's to the point where I have just stopped using it, and I was hoping someone had seen it in a tub or something.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:16 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, the ones we buy here have a little red ribbon on the foil. You just pull it the right way and one side comes unzipped.
These things are sent to try us and make us better people.
I have been using Philly Ultra-Low Cream cheese for celery.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:12 PM   #5  

Man, I wish mine had a little zipper ribbon to open it with!
Old 04-06-2004, 07:05 PM   #6  

Wendy, you MUST have the red ribbon thingy on yours! Are you telling me they just put them on for spastic Canadians?!
Old 04-07-2004, 10:20 AM   #7  

LOL...must be cause I checked mine last night and no ribbon zipper. I guess I am a spaz but by the time I get the thing opened half of it is all over my fingers. Then the other half gets on my fingers trying to get it on the knife and into the celery. Seriously, I have stopped using it for this reason and it's just sitting in my fridge. I do look at it occasionally, but then I start to grumble and just close the fridge door.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:33 AM   #8  

Maybe you just got a batch w/o the red pulls. Every single container I have bought has them. If you're looking at the wedge, its usually on the right side. Pull it up and the top of the foil comes up and you can fold the left and right sides of the foil open. I would buy another container and see if those have it.

My problem is finding something to out it on! When on WW, I put it on RF Wheat Thins or Triscuits. Can't have those on SBD, so what do i do??? I do not like celery sticks (yuck!). So far, I've just not had any.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:14 PM   #9  

Well, you could just pop one in your mouth and eat it in place of string cheese.

I have another container of them in my fridge so I will check the unopened one tonite and look for the coveted ribbon zipper. I will be SO happy if I find one!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:45 PM   #10  

I just eat them on their own, Strait. I hate celery, too. It's like eating a freakin' tree.

Wendy, the red thingy is VERY small. You might want to put on your glasses when you're performing this operation for the first time.
You didn't buy some cheap no-name brand, did you?
Old 04-07-2004, 12:54 PM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

The ones I bought here had the string along with the cute lil joke on them as well. Which I did not like the cheese at all so it went by way of the trash. I hope you find your pull tab wendyjo cause so far it sounds like it's pullin your tab! tee-hee
Old 04-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 2"

OMG, that stuff is good stuffed in celery! Even peanut butter stuffed in celery!

yum!
Patricia
Old 04-09-2004, 11:57 AM   #13  
kpw

I live in the bay area, CA, and my Laughing Cow cheese has no red ribbon I'm with ya wendyjo, they're a pain to unwrap when you in a hurry. I usually just grab string cheese or this super lowfat swiss cheese that I get (2 g fat per serving and it's tasty!).

thanks, ruth, i'll try the philly ultralow-
Old 04-09-2004, 02:37 PM   #14  

Hey guess what!?!?! My 2nd box of cheese has the strings. Yippee!!! (It's amazing what makes me happy these days!). I tore it open last night and checked them out and saw the string right away, LOL. Gave it a little tug and half the wrapper fell away. It was soooooooo nice!

Now, someone said that their cheese has jokes on it? I'm still looking for the jokes but so far nada.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:08 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I read that too, Wendy. No jokes on mine either - unless the printing is really tiny! I'm sure glad you found the zipper!
Closed Thread