Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 11:32 AM   #1  
Dancing Fool

Lightbulb Chewing Gum and Breath Mints

Got this from SBD Daily Dish this morning and I thouhgt that it was interesting. I was cleaning out my purse and saw my Altoids just yesterday and wondered if I could have them.

Chewing Gum and Breath Mints

Where do sweet treats like gum and mints fit into the South Beach Diet? Both are allowed starting in Phase 1, as long as you choose the sugar-free versions and count them toward your 75-calorie, sweet-treat daily limit.

Keep in mind that some sugar-free chewing gums and breath mints are made with sugar alcohols (isomalt, lactitol, mannitol, sorbitol, or xylitol), which, if eaten in excess, can cause gastrointestinal distress in the form of bloating, gas, and diarrhea. In other words, try not to overdo it.
Closed Thread