Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 10:46 PM   #1  

Default A few Questions I have

Hi. I'm getting bored with WW and want a new WOE and I'm thinking south beach, but I have a few questions

1)Atkins induction period limits to 20 carbs p/day. Is there a certain number you start with?

2)Sugar free goodies are ok? (ex. atkins bars, sugar free resee cups, [what I saw when v-day shopping]Russel Stover Low Carb chocolates)

3)Is there any kind of cereal I can eat? (Cereal is my usual breakfast)

4)What, besides a salad, is a good choice when eating out? (Due to my school schedule, I'm forced to eat out more than I should)

Thank you and Happy Losing!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:41 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Mellywelly just wanted to say hello! I've not been on the SBD that long and I know there are a lot of people that can answer your questions better that I can. But I can tell you this I have done WW and love this over that anyday. It's not that carbs are limited it's that you choose good ones. Cereal is not allowed for the 2 week induction phase. After that in Phase 2 it is limited I believe. Like I said I am not and expert by a long shot. Not all sugar free goodies are good because they are full of a bunch of junky fillers and stuff that is not good for you. I'm pretty sure the Atkins bars are out. I'm sure that others will post info that will be more informative for you but just tryin to help. Oh as far as eating out lots of choices. Grilled fish, chicken, sirlion steak. I was out of town for a week ate out everyday and still lost. Just say no to the bread basket! (my weakness but I did it) Hope to see you around on the beach. If you have not bought the book yet that is really the best place to start because it explains it alot more.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:55 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach.
Bamiegirl has pretty much said it all. Good suggestions. I strongly recommend that you get the book as this plan is very different from WW or Atkins which you have tried before.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:08 AM   #4  

Thats what I was planning to do when I go back to Wal-Mart, I was just wanting to check out a few things first before I dish out $16.

Another question, is there a forumla for figuring out the GI index for foods? I've yet to find anything about that.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 02-10-2004, 12:04 PM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

I don't know how to figure out the GI for foods. (I'm still tryin to figure out exactly what it is.) But I do know that there is a chart in the book that lists the foods and the GI of them. Hope this helps and I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come along and shed a little more light. Also if you have a Sam's card I bought my book there for 14.28. Have a Great Day!
Old 02-10-2004, 05:37 PM   #6  
I'm a Core Newbie!

S/C/G: 246.2/155

Height: 5'6"

Melly, if you haven't headed to Wal-Mart yet, check out www.overstock.com. I got my SBD book for under $12.

Enjoy!
Old 02-10-2004, 09:09 PM   #7  

So I bought the book, and have read it (all the way through phase one) and I think Ive answered some of my questions, but I still have a couple

1)Pinto Beans --are they allowed? (You know, beans bean good for your heart :LOL )
2)Would Kashi cereal be legal in Phase 2, since its so high in fiber?
3)Still wondering about sugar free/low carb goodies. Also, about Atkins Crunchers chips.

Thanks for all the help!
Closed Thread