Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 05:42 PM   #1  

Default carb/sugars

You will all think I'm crazy. When I am looking at labels, should I be looking at the carbohydrate # or the sugar # or both? What should I aim for on each number?
Old 01-25-2004, 06:23 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry but on SBD we don't set ourselves carb and sugar limits officially. Perhaps you should consider buying the Guide Good Carbs, Good Fats which does give carb and sugar counts for items.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:24 PM   #3  

OK. I'll ask this. What kind of salad dressing should I get if I'm on SBD?

I'll buy the book sometime, but when I go to the grocery soon I need to know what to look for.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:42 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm quoting Ruth, here:
"As to this question, just check the labels on commercial dressings and pick the one with the lowest carbs. You should also try to use only dressings made with olive or canola oils and try to avoid dressing with a lot of sugar like poppyseed and some of the fruit dressings."

And Jennifer here:
"Marie's had a dressing - it was either Ranch or Blue Cheese - and it was the lowest sugar/carb dressing I have seen so far. It is in the produce section."
Old 01-26-2004, 06:45 AM   #5  

Thanks!
I guess I'm just totally confused on the carb/sugar thing. I need to study up on it. My brain doesn't function properly sometimes, lol.
I've been looking at foods that are less than 5 sugars, but I don't know what to look at on the carb. part of it. I'm really not trying to be a pain here, I'm just confused.
Closed Thread