Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 07:57 PM   #1  

Question South Beach Diet Newbie

Hello all,

I'm a SBD newbie. I started the diet on 1-12-04 and as of today 1-17-04, I am down 5 pounds It was tough the first few days but I have managed to stick with it, it isn't bad at all. My goal is to lose 35 more pounds. I know that I can do it. I don't have the SBD book yet but I have the small SBD guide book. I am kinda getting bored of eggs for breakfast though, I saw in a post where someone suggested LF cottage cheese and cinnamon, with artifical sweetner and almonds, it that okay for me since I'm on Phase one? How about peatnut butter? I drink tons of water but I love my diet sodas (caffeine free) any more suggestions for breakfast and lunch durning Phase one?
Old 01-17-2004, 08:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Danzgal,

I'm pretty new to SBD, too, started on the 12th too!

For breakfast I've had LF cottage cheese and grape tomatoes. I've also had the LF cheese sticks with tomatoes (can you tell I love tomatoes?). One day I had some pork loin left over from dinner the night before. Today I made a sort of egg salad and had it on lettuce, which I never thought I'd ever eat for breakfast. Also have tried LF cream cheese spread on celery.

For breakfast or lunch I'd have some tuna fish or some LF turkey breast with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.

When I find some of that natural peanut butter I'll have it with celery sticks.

I've only got the SBD guide book too.

best wishes,
Cassie
Old 01-18-2004, 12:48 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

Welcome to the Beach, Danzgal!

Cottage cheese is allowed, as long as it is low fat or fat free. Peanut Butter is ok if it is natural (no sugar or added hydrogenated oils) and limited to 2 tablespoons a day.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:22 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Danzgirl!
Yesterday I had leftover chili for breakfast.
Closed Thread