3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   SBD Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions-115/)
-   -   How many beans on Phase I (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions/194533-how-many-beans-phase-i.html)

saralto 02-17-2010 09:10 PM

How many beans on Phase I

I just made a huge pot of Great Northern Beans, and they are SOOOOO freaking good....is there a limit (besides producing intestinal discomfort) on how much I can have? I see on the lists that it says to start with a half a cup...could my weight loss stall if I eat more? Thank you!!

Sara

murphmitch 02-17-2010 09:33 PM

I have eaten a whole can of beans at a time (3.5 servings), about 1 3/4 cup and not had a problem with it. Love my beans!

cottagebythesea 02-18-2010 06:23 AM

You can have as much beans as you can handle. On Phase 1, you eat until you feel satisfied. Just remember, though, that 3500 calories = 1 lb., so keep your calories below that. ;)

cookinmary 03-15-2010 01:23 PM

Hey cottagebythesea,

We dont count calories or fat grams or carbs, but we should keep an eye really on how much fat we do eat, correct?

I saw in your post to keep our calories under 3500. I really have no clue as to how many I eat in a day. I reckon with the foods we do eat, it should not be close to that amount.

Are there ones who do eat that amount of calories in a day?

Thanks

Ruthxxx 03-15-2010 04:02 PM

Cottage was just warning that it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound. Most of us eat in the 1200 to 1800 range. A half cup of kidney beans is 109 calories.

Just Dance Girl 10-28-2010 06:17 PM

I just learned that we can have beans on Phase 1. I'm so excited! I'm thinking refried beans with ground turkey, white bean soup...

Now I just have to get to the grocery store!

wesley587 10-31-2010 11:48 AM

I am thrilled(!!) about beans on this diet! Bean brownies are delish, pot 'o beans, chili, etc...I think, scratch that, I know that they are the reason I have enough self control to stick to this diet...err, new way of eating. :o)

ChicoryCat 11-08-2010 11:26 PM

I also just realized beans are allowed on Phase I. I love beans, and they are very handy if you keep a few cans in the cupboard. I think I will make a pot of chili in the next few days. Beware: canned kidney beans often have sugar added. Look at the label.

PhoenixRisingAgain 03-26-2012 01:03 PM

I am doing this :carrot: at the reminder about beans!! I love beans, they help me SO much toward feeling full! When I read the title of this post, I went "we can't have beans on phase I....can we????"

phoenix!

:book2:

Ruthxxx 03-27-2012 01:18 PM

Phoenix, read the Phase I Food List in the stickies. We can - and should - have beans and also dairy.