Old 05-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #1  

Default SB and Water Retention?

Hello-

I am new to this forum. Monday will be the end of Phase 1 although I may extend Phase 1 for one more week because I have only lost 4 pounds thus far. I have read that I can expect to lose 10% of my overall weight loss within the first 2 weeks but I don't think that applies to me as I cannot afford to be 5'11 and 124 lbs. In any event, I was on my way into the 150's this week and I noticed that I am having water retention so am stuck at 160. I drink plenty of water and have not eaten alot of sodium rich foods. I have also taken my measurements and no changes there either. Has anyone else experienced this or can provide their opinion as to what I can do to alleviate? I have also been eating plenty of fiber with little to no results.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Jnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I've never heard any rule about 10% weight loss in Phase I. The less you have to lose in the beginning, the less you may lose in Phase I as a rule. Where do you get the 124 if you weigh 160? For your height, 160 sounds like you are already within a healthy range. I think 4# is a decent amount to lose, especially if you are close to your goal weight.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote