How often do you weigh yourself?

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • while i weigh almost every day, I ONLY COUNT THE FIRST time on the scale on Monday mornings....
  • I've thought about weighing daily (on days that I work) and doing an average for the week. That probably would be the best way to do it, to take into account fluid shifts and daily variations etc. Instead I shoot for once a week on a Monday.
  • I weigh daily...it helps me most of the time. Sometimes I want to obsess and just say the **** with it and eat but most of the time I see the number in my head and visualize it going down! I weigh after I pee and before I eat too! I keep track of my daily weight on fitday.
  • I don't even own a scale and haven't decided yet if I'll buy one. I usually just go by how my clothes fit, but I would like to keep track of my weight progress. I have a feeling if I did have one I'd be weighing myself every day!
  • How often do YOU weigh yourself??
    I'm just curious how often everyone here weighs themselves. I have a tendency to want to hop on the scale every morning and I'm trying to resist that temptation this time around.

I suppose since I started back to ph 1 yesterday, then I will pick Monday for my weigh-in day and TRY to stay off the scale every other day of the week.
  • I weigh myself every Thursday at CURVES.. Doing it every day would drive me crazy
  • I weigh myself in the am and and pm everyday! I am on day 8 of phase 1 and the first few days I dropped a lot and now i am at a stand still. Oh well keep on keepin on!!

Have a super day

Wendy
  • pretty much every morning naked after the bathroom... but i only count it on tuesdays!
  • Hi Wendi,

I started off this journey with the brave intention of weighing only once a week. However, the scales call my name loudly every morning when the alarm goes off! My official weigh-in day is Monday. This keeps me on-plan on the weekend when its the hardest for me.
  • I weigh every Sat. I measure inches on the first of each month.
  • I have started weighing about every day---it keeps me on track. I used to tell people not to do that, but I really do think that it helps you to stay focused and on plan. I don't obsess over it, but it motivates me more.
  • NEVER. The only time I ever get on a scale is when they make me at the Dr's office. I "measure" myself by how my clothes fit. Right now I'm wearing a jeans skirt that is very loose in the waist and today a few people asked me if I was loosing weight..that's how I measure it! I can look in the mirror and see my face shrinking and I can feel the rolls on my tummy shrinking...so that's all I need to know

It's just me and how I feel about it, but seeing that number can be depressing if you don't see the numbers go lower. And some weeks they just don't go lower. I'll just have to live vicariously through contestants when biggest loser starts again!
  • I do it daily, but only count it on Mondays
  • I do every day, but I know my weight can vary 1-2 lbs throughout the day. I never stress if I'm a couple lbs heavier since it can fluctuate so much. it keeps me motivated to weigh every day and see even the smallest progress.
  • I weigh every morning and evening, and sometimes other times too. I have some serious OCD :lol My weigh in day is Monday's so thats the one that counts