Peeing Like Crazy??

• Maybe it's just me, but...

Did anyone else notice that, in the beginning of phase one, they're peeing *all the freaking time*? I'm talking every 3-4 hours!

Just wondering if this is a normal side effect, or just me being me!
  • Hey, i'm not on the SBD but I pee ALL the time anyway! I drink a lot of water and seriously, i got every hour, maybe more! I just assumed this was normal when you drink lots of water... If i was only going every 3-4 hours i would be worried But maybe its just different for different people
    Cat x
  • Haha 3-4 hours I wouldn't consider as 'alot' On a normal day I pee every 30 mins to an hour because of diabetes and drinking lots of water.
  • Wow. I pee about every hour, but drink loads of water

Have you increased your water intake on P1 beyond what you would normally consume? Or maybe you are in ketosis, are you getting enough beans and milk etc?
  • I'm in the bathroom at least once an hour! When I'm out and about, I'm always looking for a bathroom! I've always been like that, it's just normal for me.
  • Sounds normal to me.
  • I noticed the same thing in the beginning of my plan (not SBD). I think it's your body purging itself of all the extra water weight/swelling from how you were eating before. I'd think of it as a good thing!
  • I did the same thing on phase I, and often on phase II. I would NEVER get up in the middle of the night, and I'd get up often twice...sometimes 3x!! It's not as bad now, some nights I make it through!!!
  • I agree, this is very normal. I think the secretary at my job keeps track of how many times I use the bathroom during the day because it's so out of control!
  • Glad to know it's not just me!

It's more often than I thought - I paid attention at work today, since I was bored out of my mind (like usual) waiting for 300+ scans to finish... but no, I haven't increased my liquid intake, and I'm eating all the good stuff, drinking milk, etc....

But, again, glad to know it's not just me!
  • Yeah, the same thing happened to me. Peeing ALL THE TIME. LOL
  • Jess--it's normal, especially if you're losing water weight. Just make sure you're drinking water, too. We've had a lot of discussions about water here, so everyone has different ideas of how much is important. Basically, as long as your urine is very light in color, you're getting enough.
  • me too... up every hour to pee at night and I lose track during the day. my DH asked if I had a bladder infection because for about 3 hours one night I went every 10 minutes.
  • The OP hasn't been back online for five days. I think she has the answer to her question so I am closing this thread.