3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   SBD Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions-115/)
-   -   Peeing Like Crazy?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-frequently-asked-questions/153470-peeing-like-crazy.html)

jessikerlaine 10-07-2008 12:42 AM

Peeing Like Crazy??

Maybe it's just me, but...

Did anyone else notice that, in the beginning of phase one, they're peeing *all the freaking time*? I'm talking every 3-4 hours!

Just wondering if this is a normal side effect, or just me being me! :)

CatRocks 10-07-2008 04:13 AM

Hey, i'm not on the SBD but I pee ALL the time anyway! I drink a lot of water and seriously, i got every hour, maybe more! I just assumed this was normal when you drink lots of water... If i was only going every 3-4 hours i would be worried :?: But maybe its just different for different people :)
Cat x

Spoz 10-07-2008 05:20 AM

Haha 3-4 hours I wouldn't consider as 'alot' On a normal day I pee every 30 mins to an hour because of diabetes and drinking lots of water.

Marianna 10-07-2008 06:32 AM

Wow. I pee about every hour, but drink loads of water :)

Have you increased your water intake on P1 beyond what you would normally consume? Or maybe you are in ketosis, are you getting enough beans and milk etc?

cottagebythesea 10-07-2008 07:24 AM

I'm in the bathroom at least once an hour! When I'm out and about, I'm always looking for a bathroom! I've always been like that, it's just normal for me.

Ruthxxx 10-07-2008 07:38 AM

Sounds normal to me.

shannonmb 10-07-2008 08:15 AM

I noticed the same thing in the beginning of my plan (not SBD). I think it's your body purging itself of all the extra water weight/swelling from how you were eating before. I'd think of it as a good thing! ;)

TwynnB 10-07-2008 08:22 AM

I did the same thing on phase I, and often on phase II. I would NEVER get up in the middle of the night, and I'd get up often twice...sometimes 3x!! It's not as bad now, some nights I make it through!!!

Mae8217 10-07-2008 08:24 AM

I agree, this is very normal. I think the secretary at my job keeps track of how many times I use the bathroom during the day because it's so out of control!

jessikerlaine 10-07-2008 08:53 PM

Glad to know it's not just me! :)

It's more often than I thought - I paid attention at work today, since I was bored out of my mind (like usual) waiting for 300+ scans to finish... but no, I haven't increased my liquid intake, and I'm eating all the good stuff, drinking milk, etc....

But, again, glad to know it's not just me! :D

tmignemi2 10-07-2008 08:59 PM

Yeah, the same thing happened to me. Peeing ALL THE TIME. LOL

beachgal 10-08-2008 11:48 AM

Jess--it's normal, especially if you're losing water weight. Just make sure you're drinking water, too. We've had a lot of discussions about water here, so everyone has different ideas of how much is important. Basically, as long as your urine is very light in color, you're getting enough. :D

BrendaS104 10-18-2008 10:49 PM

me too... up every hour to pee at night and I lose track during the day. my DH asked if I had a bladder infection because for about 3 hours one night I went every 10 minutes. :lol:

Ruthxxx 10-21-2008 06:54 AM

The OP hasn't been back online for five days. I think she has the answer to her question so I am closing this thread.