Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #1  

Default return of cravings at end of phase one

This is day 12 for me of phase one. I cheated on day 7 and binged A LOT for a couple hours. Then, I went right back on plan. Now since day 9 I have been having insane cravings, but I'm staying on plan. I do eat my vegetables, I get at least 2 servings of beans, I get at least one serving of protein per meal, no dairy and I may, okay I do go over by one sweet treat a day (about 50 calories extra). HELP! I'm stopping a binge with that extra sweet treat everyday, but I'd really like to reduce these carb cravings.
Weight stats just in case I lost about 8 pounds the first 4 days bringing me to 150 with no fluctuation since then. I would like to get down to 110-115. I'm 32 with a 10 yr old and 10 month old. My first mini goal is to get to my prepregnancy weight of 132 by baby's first bday.
Thank you
Brandy
Old 10-13-2008, 05:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

First of all, ! It's great to have you joining us! We have a current Phase 1 thread going on that you will find very helpful, come on over and jump in!

It's very important to do a CLEAN two weeks of Phase 1 to completely rid your cravings. If you fall off the wagon, you should go back and start over again. Two weeks may seem excessive, but as you've found out, it usually takes that long to eliminate all the toxins and kick those cravings for good. Good luck, and we hope to hear from you often!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Yep...gotta resist that sweet treat....after the first few days, you won't crave it anymore!! Honest!!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #4  

Thanks for the welcome. I just want to clarify that the sweet treats are those allowed, I've just been going over by about 50 calories , mainly on nsa fudgesicles, to stop from bingeing. Other than the day 7 binge I have been completely on plan. Should I do a 3rd week on phase one?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Brandy, you should do a straight 2 weeks of P1 without any off plan eating. So starting with day 8, count 2 weeks and stop then.

The sweet treat calorie limit is meant to help you avoid indigestion from sugar alcohols. Technically, as long as you aren't getting those, you can have a little bit more and it shouldn't hurt you. However, many people report that eating SF items, even without any sugar, can still lead to cravings for them. If you find that's true for you, you might want to consider eating more protein and veggies when you're hungry instead of sweet treats.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #6  

Thanks beachgal. I will add in another week then. I do want to report that I had a cup of nonfat plain yogurt mixed with 1pkg of diet hot chocolate and it seemed to nix my cravings last nite. Not only that it was really good almost like pudding! I will try to up my dairy intake to at least 1 cup a day to see if that helps. And I was down another 2 pounds this morning for a total loss of 10 pounds
Old 10-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I love Greek yogurt with allowed sweetener, cocoa powder, and a little cinnamon mixed in. If you haven't had your nuts yet some slivered almonds are a good addition. It is very rich and creamy and it's also filling
Old 10-21-2008, 06:56 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Artificial sweeteners make me crave. It may be mental but I'm trying to cut them out.
Closed Thread