Old 03-25-2008, 06:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

Question flourless cakes: filberts as substitute?

hi everyone!

i am dying to try the sbd cream cheese frosting recipe but i haven't got a treid and tested flourless cake recipe to accompany it. i thought perhaps using filberts or some type of ground nuts could be a good substitute for flour? i know they are used in german-style tortes and it works.
but maybe you ladies have some other ideas you would share?

thanx!

jan
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #2  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

I'm not sure about filberts, as I haven't used it before, but here are some links to some sugar free flourless cakes... I haven't tried these yet, but they had good reviews.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/des...pecantorte.htm
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...=8&recipe=9106

Although I've been told before: This is essentially junk food, even though it's flourless and sugar-free. I've also been told that we don't really need dessert (although I'm not sure I 100% agree).
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

usarchie..thank you! first of all for replying..i was feeling so shunted
and secondly for the useful info.
and i am a firm believer in desserts of all kinds! having dessert doesn't hafta mean packing on the poundage..it can also be consciously enjoyed
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Janda, you can also make cakes with WW flour and/or WW pastry flour (still WW, just made with a softer kind of wheat kernel). Both are readily available. You just have to experiment to see what works best for you. I would think that a carrot cake would be perfect with cream-cheese frosting and also be very good with WW flour (I've done it before and it's delicious!). Just find one that doesn't use any pineapple, and add a tiny bit more moisture (whatever kind they use) to deal with the extra dryness that comes with the WW flour.

For another cake recipe, check out my Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting recipes. The last poster (besides me) used the cream cheese frosting recipe on it.

Last edited by beachgal; 08-20-2008 at 03:27 PM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote