Old 07-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/203/150

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Anyone successfully lost all their weight on SBD?

My sister and I have been concidering trying the SBD way of life. Her just to eat more healthy and me to lose weight.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has or knows someone who has lost their weight with the SBD?
Back on Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I lost my "baby weight" with each of my kids using a combination of eating by the low-end guidelines of the Food Guide Pyramid, eating only whole grains and as many fresh fruits and veggies as I could muster, and exercise, which is basically the South Beach Diet. I don't see why there's any reason you couldn't lose all your weight on this eating plan. It's basically just a whole-foods type approach to eating.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:15 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out Beachgal's stats and come and join us in the Fat Chicks On The Beach part of the Forum.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Keeping in mind that my goal for weight loss was between 15 to 20 pounds - yes I have lost it with SBD, I have also found it fairly easy to maintain it. I have also greatly improved my bloodwork results - which was the real goal of the diet.

Ally
amasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #5  

I've lost quite a bit with South Beach and have greatly improved my cholesterol and been able to get off two of my blood pressure medicines. It really does work.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

on another board i frequent I have several freinds who have lost all their weight
two men
4 women come to mind.

yeah folks do it all the time. just gotta stay committed and accept it's a permanent lifestyle change and accept that the loss is slow.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi, I'm not on South Beach. I am a calorie counter. Eating mostly veggies, protein and some fruit. My carbs coming from those fruits and veggies and my morning high fiber cereal.

I just wanted to say, that most diets "work" all the way to goal - if you STICK to them. The key is finding something that you can indeed stick with -longterm. So, I would think that would include South Beach.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/203/150

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Wow guys, thanks for all the replies! I have the book and will start in the morning with eggs, veggies and turkey bacon for breakfast.
Back on Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:28 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

RocknRobin is totally right, Lori. Any plan works as long as you will stick with it--so you have to find a plan that's right for you.

RNMom, a longtime member here, lost all her weight with SBD.

I'm so glad you've read the book! You really should with any plan you follow, but especially with SBD...you have a lot of freedom to work this plan around how your body works, but you can't do that successfully without the knowledge the book imparts. Reading the book before you start really sets you up for success.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/128/120

Height: 5'4

Everyone's right on! A year and a half ago I lost 40 pounds on SB in time for my wedding. I then maintained for about a year following the core principals and decided to try for a bit more loss a couple months ago. Its a 'real life' way of eating and as has been stated, if you stick to it, it will work.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Sarynit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #11  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I have always lost weight before by counting calories but because I chose to include all the foods I enjoyed before (only in much smaller quantities), I found myself often deprived, hungry and beset by cravings.

Since starting SBD, I have reduced the cravings and believe I have encountered a better WOE than I had before. I still calorie-count because I just need that level of control to keep losing but I don't find myself sitting around after a meal wishing I could eat more of "___fill in the blank with sweets__" because I had a 50-calorie portion of them which just triggered my cravings. Now I don't even think about that stuff anymore because it's completely off the menu.

I hope to be one of those people who loses this last 30 lbs (for the last time) with SBD. A friend of mine and her sister both lost over 25 lbs. on it 3 years ago. They loved it and got me on board. I'm glad they did.

L
Liannie is offline   Reply With Quote