Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:29 PM   #1  
I am the Lizard Queen...

S/C/G: 187/178/152

Height: 5'8"

Default In need of caffeine

Hi,

I'm new to the SBD; I'm on the third day of Phase I. I need my cup of tea in the morning. Is it okay to have caffeine?? Has anyone else had caffeine at all and done okay??

Cheers!
Old 02-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #2  

Most people still consume a cup of coffee or tea even in phase 1. I've always had my tea. I switch to decaffeinated after the first cup or two but I've never had a problem.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Before starting the diet I read the books and did my research and while there was a lot I was willing to give up and change about my eating, my morning latte was not one of them. I still think my espresso machine is one of my most favorite and the most frequently used gifts I have ever received.

Also, in the first few weeks when I craved sweets I would have a cup of tea (regular old Lipton) with enough Splenda to get me passed the craving and on to healthier food.

Have you caffiene and enjoy.

Ally
Old 02-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #4  
I am the Lizard Queen...

S/C/G: 187/178/152

Height: 5'8"

Default Thanx for the caffeine!

Thanks a lot!! I feel better now. I always have my steeped tea w/ milk in the morning. I used to have a couple throughout the day, but now I've limited it to one a day, and I have green tea for the rest of the day. But it's nice to hear about the lattes. I got an espresson machine for Christmas, and I hate to give it up. So I won't.

Cheers!
Closed Thread