Chicken and Blue Cheese Slaw

• Chicken and Blue Cheese Slaw
    From Cooking Light

Chopped apple or green grapes would also work well in this fast summer dinner. Ready-to-use slaw and preshredded carrots make short work of this refreshing salad.

Salad:
    2 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast meat
    2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
    1 cup shredded carrot
    1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
    1 (10-ounce) package angel hair slaw

Dressing:
    1/4 cup rice vinegar
    1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate (I think I would make this 1 Tbsp OJ concentrate, the rest Chicken broth)
    2 teaspoons vegetable oil (use Canola or another healthy oil)
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Remaining ingredients:
    3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
    2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts

To prepare salad, place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, and toss gently to combine.
    To prepare dressing, combine vinegar, broth, juice concentrate, oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts, and toss gently to combine.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)

NUTRITION PER SERVING
    CALORIES 312(28% from fat); FAT 9.6g (sat 2.6g,mono 2.4g,poly 3.6g); PROTEIN 26.7g; CHOLESTEROL 64mg; CALCIUM 106mg; SODIUM 340mg; FIBER 4g; IRON 1.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 32g
  • I made this last night. I used chicken breasts that I marinaded in Goya's Mojo Criollo marinade and grilled.

For the coleslaw, I had a leftover package of coleslaw with carrots already in it, so I used that and added 1/2 a package of broccoli slaw mix with carrots and cabbage.

I used 3 Tbsp of fresh-squeezed OJ instead of the concentrate.

It was really, really good! Next time I'll try it with apples.