• 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
    1 c drained, rinsed canned chickpeas
    1 red onion, chopped
    10 pitted small black olives, halved
    3 T balsalmic vinegar
    1/4 t freshly ground pepper
    1/3 c crumbled feta cheese
    2 c torn romaine lettuce

Combine all but the lettuce and mix well. Serve on top of lettuce and enjoy!! It's delicious!!
  • I made this for lunch today. Totally yummy. Thanks for the great idea.
  • It's also 555 calories, 17 g. fat, 82 carbs, 18 fiber and 24 protein if this is for one serving. Remember calories do count eventually!
  • When I made this, I only used 1/2 the olives, 1/2 the chickpeas, and 1/4 cup reduced fat feta, just enough for one person and I had more romaine. It was worth it but not an everyday thing.
  • I make a salad like this all the time but I don't use feta and I serve it on a bed of mixed baby greens and arugula. It serves 2 generous portions.

Sometimes I make a dressing out of the olives, balsamic and pepper, adding a few fresh cloves of garlic and the juice of one lemon and processing it until it is "saucy" and it is verrrrrrry delicious!
  • um, this makes a **** of a lot more than two servings, leave the lettuce out, and use abed a lettuce, I'm thinking I might get three meals outof this. I am one person though .
  • I make a salad a lot like this but I use 1/2 cup of the chickpeas, 1/4 cup of crumbled feta and a cup of broccoli flowerets instead of the lettuce, and add 1T of olive oil. My one person version is over 500 calories and definitely not low carb but I have it for lunch and it is the highest calorie *meal* I have in one sitting so it fits really well into a 1400 to 1500 calorie plan.
  • It looks good but I agree it would be three servings probably. It used to be that people could not post a recipe unless they had number of servings and nutritional values if possible. This is an old recipe. (Note the posting date.)