BLT Salad

• I have been craving a BLT soooo badly lately, so I made this today and it hit the spot.

BLT Salad

Green leaf lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces (I use enough to fill my plate...probably 2.5 to 3 cups)
    1 large vine-ripened tomato, chopped
    1 or 2 slices of turkey bacon (I like Louis Rich)...not sure if 2 slices is too much for the day d/t sodium
    1 T real mayo (not nonfat, per the guide)
    1 T water
    Cracked pepper to taste (salt if desired...I do not add extra salt to anything)

Make the bacon. This is what works for my microwave...Place a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Put the two slices on the paper and microwave for 2 min 30 seconds (1 minute per slice, plus an additional 30 seconds regardless of amt). Let sit for a minute or so to finish crisping, then break up.

For dressing, whisk the mayo, water, and pepper until well combined. It will be very thin. I wanted this for flavor but didn't want to consume all of it. I'd say that there was probably half left in the plate at the end so you can easily use 1/2T each of water and mayo to make 1T.

Put lettuce on plate, followed by the bacon and tomatoes. You can either pour the dressing on the salad or dip your fork in.

Enjoy!
  • This sounds yummy,I am going to try it now as i have been craving BLT's myself. Thanks!