Recipes Your favorite healthy recipes

Old 08-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Default Pancake Recipe?

Does anyone have a healthy recipe for homemade pancakes?
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #2  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Get the "Hungry Girl 300 under 300" cookbook, there's some really good pancake recipes in there that are under 300 calories and they're gracious portions!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #3  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

This is an old thread, but in case anyone else is looking -- I LOVE this recipe as a starting base:
http://www.food.com/recipe/oatmeal-c...pancakes-43072

I use whole eggs and add a little baking powder, but it's a fun recipe to play around with. I like adding lemon extract to the batter and frozen blueberries after I pour it in the pan.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:09 AM   #4  
Crazy catlady

S/C/G: 262/251/140

Height: 5'7

Again an old topic, but I guess pancakes are just one of those things that a lot of people love and I found a beauty in this recipe. It's comparable to the recipe of Desiderata, but contains less eggs and therefore perhaps better healthwise.

5 ounces of oatmeal,
1 egg (whole)
2 spoons of honey (or any kind of sweetener you want, but I find honey from the beekeeper (very important! Not store-bought!) a healthy choice)
8.5 oz of soymilk (regular could do as well, I guess)
2 tblspoons of baking powder
2 bananas

Blend all of it in the blender and leave it to rest for minimum 15 minutes (so the oatmeal can expand). Then make nice American pancakes out of it.

You'll be surprised how filling and yummy these are! Perfect as breakfast and I'm planning to make this every Sunday.
AngryShroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

HI! I love these Pancakes that are gluten and sugar free. BTW The Docs now believe eggs are healthy for you- not the culprits you thought they were. This is on my blog page (http://www.fairysredcolordiet.com/bl...rmilk-pancakes) there is a non buttermilk one under sugar free-gluten free recipes as well.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:39 PM   #6  
Against all odds

S/C/G: 340/331/170

Height: 5'8"

I normally do two eggs, a banana, a scoop of protein powder, a dash of vanilla, and a teaspoon of baking soda.
they're close enough to pancakes with none of the flour!
darlingbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:23 PM   #7  

im using classic like darlingbrit posted but without vanilla and baking soda. Sometimes i add some poppy seeds, im preparing this very often as a snack to work
Annie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:17 PM   #8  

Weight Watchers Smart Pointed Pancake recipe , gorgeous pancake's within your Daily Allowance
Prep time: approx. 5 mins Cook time: 12 mins

4 medium bananas 2 medium eggs (4) ¼ tsp baking powder 2 tbsp PB peanut butter powder (3) calorie controlled sunflower oil spray 10g unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped (2) 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom Choc Shot (4)

3SP per serve

In a medium bowl, mash 3 of the bananas until they are pureed. In a small jug, whisk together the eggs and then add to the bananas along with the baking powder and PB powder. Whisk together until combined.

Spray a large frying pan with the calorie controlled spray. Heat over a medium/high heat and add 4 dollops of the mixture (only do 3 if your pan is not quite big enough).

Cook the pancakes for approx. 2 mins until the underside of the pancakes are firm and develop dark spots. Flip over and cook for a further 2 mins until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter until you have 12 pancakes.

Slice up the remaining batter and serve with three of the pancakes, a drizzle of the Sweet Freedom choc shot and a sprinkling of nuts.
waby01 is offline   Reply With Quote