slow cooker recipes

• I came across a slow cooker recently... k, so what can I make in this thing? looking up recipes I'm seeing alot of meats and high fat/calories recipes.. any good healthy chicken, fish or pasta recipes? I see the WW section has a crockpot section but it's only 2 pages. I'm thinking some veggie soups or curries, but then I read veggies will just turn to mush in the crockpot and chicken breasts can dry out easily.. I never used one before so not sure what's good or bad to cook in it. It's a 6 quart one if that helps with recipe ideas.
  • I just made this yesterday:
    skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    Salsa (I buy Safeways Midwest (big bottle) since it is more like pickled veggies (low cal, no fat, no additives) and yummy)
    Onions, diced
    Bell Peppers, diced
    Corn (optional)

Let it cook until the chicken breasts fall apart. Use fork to shred it like pulled pork.

Tastes great on buns like pulled pork, or in tortillas or cold as a salad, etc.
  • PS: Any stew will work and chill is made for the crockpot or should I say the crockpot was made for chill??
    I am fairly new to crockpots but I dearly love them now. However, it is not for everything.
  • chicken breasts
    1 can whole cranberry sauce
    1 bottle cheap BBQ sauce
    1/2 cup Orange Juice
    1/4-1/2 cup finely chopped onion

cook on low 6-8 hrs or high 4 hrs.
    will melt in your mouth and like the other poster said you can shredd the chicken if you want a wrap. My husban likes it with a serving of Stove Top stuffing ( or homemade stuffing, if I feel like making it. lol)
  • Here's my mom's easy beef stew
    1 pound stew beef
    1 pound bag frozen mixed veggies
    2-3 diced potatoes (I leave them out)
    1 large jar beef gravy
    1 large can crushed tomatoes
    1 diced onion, or 1-2 tsp onion flakes
    garlic
    black pepper
    parsley
    any other spices you like

Cook on low 8-10 hours, or high 4-5 hours
    Thicken with a flour & water slurry a few minutes before serving

This is a good amount for a 4 quart crock pot, it could burn in a 6 quart, so you may want to make a double batch and freeze some leftovers.

I saw some good looking recipes over on the South Beach Diet section, too.
  • Take any cut of meat, the cheaper tough cuts work best, season with whatever you like, Mrs dash, or salt and pepper. cut up some onions and minced garlic. turn on low before going to work, when you get home supper is ready, the tastiest tenderest meat. It is best to not try this with good cuts of meat, they get overdone.