35 Calorie Pumpkin Cookies

• I haven't tried these yet, but I am going to tonight or tomorrow probably.

http://www.recipezaar.com/333395
  • did you notice it says 61 calories on the info??
  • Cookies look good... that is weird that it shows 61 on the side lol
  • They do look good!

I also noticed the 61 calorie thing. Still, 60 cals is not bad for a cookie.
  • The recipe also says it makes 20-24 or 40-48 cookies so I guess the 61 calories are for the bigger cookies? Still it sounds good
  • Yum!

The page says that it makes 40-48 cookies and serves 20-24 people, so the 61 calories is for 2 cookies. Also, I don't usually bake with splenda, so I looked it up.. and that will only add ~2-3 calories per cookie.
  • Yeah... the 61 is for two cookies. When I make it I will actually measure out and count the calories from the ingredients *I* use so I can get a for sure accurate calorie count.
  • Thanks for the i nfo about the splenda mayness. i was wondering about that cause they sound yummy
  • Sounds good - except for the splenda part.... =[
  • Well, if it helps, I also looked up how many calories using sugar would add (in case I wasn't brave enough to bake with the Splenda)... it would be ~20-30 more per cookie. So 60 calorie cookies... which still sounds pretty good.

This is assuming Splenda Granular is the one that you can use 1:1 in place of sugar... I think it is.
  • My issue with Splenda, thogh - is all of the side effects that its use has. I try to steer clear from it along with other artificial sweeteners. Do you think this recipe can use xylitol or stevia?
  • Yes, Splenda granular is the 1:1 product. I don't know much about xylitol or stevia but I think that some of those can't hold up to the heat when baking and break down. I used something other than splenda for baking once and it ended up very bitter. Also, I don't bring anything xylitol (even gum) into my house because it's highly toxic to dogs and my dog tends to get into EVERYTHING.