Recipes Your favorite healthy recipes

Old 06-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/133/110

Height: 5'6"

Default Favorite Vegetarian Recipe- Mexican

Hello everyone! I love the ideas in this thread! I wanted to compare our favorite meal-ideas for themes, because I love to work themes into my weekly meal planning.

Here is my favorite Mexican-veggie dish:

Jack Daniels Black Bean Wrap

On a Mission tortilla wrap, I use a hearty helping of these ingredients simmered:

Black Beans
Green Chiles
jalapenos
sliced green bell peppers and onions grilled a little bit
A dollop of JAck Daniel's old fashioned spicy mustard

When you smell the pot, it should smell very traditional, but the mustard will give it a sweet kick. Everything was added to taste when it comes to measurements.

I make a side plate of toppings for the burritos including:

Avocado
chopped onions
diced tomato
romaine lettuce
more jalapenos
Cheese topping

I place the wrap in a frying pan, with the Beans in it, then when it heats up a little, I fill up the burrito, roll it, and turn it over on the frying pan to heat up the oher side. It's really yummy to place the cheese on last when building the burrito, because when I fry the other side, the cheese melts and is deliciously gooey.

Serve with a salsa and I'm sure everyone will forget what vegetarian is and just really, really like this burrito witha mustard twist.

:-)
supercurlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/142/125

Height: 5'6

this sounds delicious. I'm going to try it tonight!
SITIBODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

sounds good to me too! I love Mexican but mostly it isn't very low cal with the tortillas, chips, cheese, sour cream, etc... that I love so much!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:19 AM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I have central american dishes to share, not mexican, if that is ok?
I buy these central american beans( they look like black beans, but are red), and through them in a pot to cook with lots of water, chopped onion, 2 cloves of garlic, cumin, salt, oregano, and chipotle pepper flakes, when it is almost done( a few hours down the line), I add chopped cilantro. Now you can eat this as a soup( with green bananas), sour cream( fat free), chopped green onions, and maybe brown rice and tortillas( if your diet allows), the left overs I refry( with only tsp of olive oil, chopped garlic, onion, peppers and tomatoes, with lots of the liquid from the beans, this mixture will thicken into a paste, and can be eaten it tortillas, on top of a salad, with eggs, ect..
I usually make 1-2 lbs of beans in the winter, and this dish taste wonderful on a cold day.
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #5  

Really sounds so TASTY!
kenfronco is offline   Reply With Quote