Old 11-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #1  
Back Again Bessie

S/C/G: 186/??/120

Height: 5'2"

Default My cats are BUTTHOLES (rant)

I have 2 male cats. We've been trying to get them in to be neutered for the past 3 MONTHS. Out vet has very limited time slots for neutering/spays, and only accepts them on 2 days out of the month between 7am and 10am, so everyone with an animal jumps over one another to get in. The other vet in our area is just as bad.

Jimmers, our tabby, has been a pee machine. Not spray, PEEEEEEEEE. He refuses to pee in the litterbox and has peed on my bra, clothes in the dryer that was left open by my 5 year old, this one area of the kids room and my SO's nursing papers. So his new name is Pee Pants.

Legos is an eating machine. He meows like we starve him all the time. He'll mow down his food and his brother's if we would let him. Eating people food? Better watch it closely because he's a ninja food stealer. He's already chunky. His new name is Potbelly.

They both just tore the curtains down in 2 rooms as I was writing this.

Last edited by PintSizedTerror; 11-26-2013 at 09:40 PM.
PintSizedTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/169/160

Height: 5ft 4.5in

Awe... but when there sleeping don't they just look like little angels.
mygirlvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Have you checked for a local SPCA, Humane Society, etc? A lot of those places offer spay and neutering services, often for less than the vet. But if you are out in the country somewhere the closest one might be a fair bit away :s
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

What Kat said.

I'm definitely appreciating my cats more after your post, LOL. The only awful thing my babies do is get in my way and try to trip me often.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #5  

I think the worst mine do are chase each other around the apartment at 2am... which usually means running over and under the bed and running into walls. I feel sorry for our downstairs neighbors :s
Old 11-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #6  
Back Again Bessie

S/C/G: 186/??/120

We may take them to the SPCA, but it's an hour car ride one way and I'm not sure how they'll handle the ride home after getting it done.
PintSizedTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Oh my, I've never heard of vets only spaying/neutering animals two days out of the month, that's terrible! I wonder how many cats have accidentally become pregnant while the owners wait to have them fixed... They're hard to contain sometimes, once they start flipping out.

I hope you find somewhere to take them soon, cat pee is really foul. >.<
Dollfaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #8  

Afterwards they are usually pretty doped up still so in theory they should be fine during the ride. you could always ask for a kitty tranq for the ride just in case
Old 12-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #9  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Have you looked at where your cat litter tray is located, the shape of the container and the litter? Very few cats won't use litter trays but many cats won't use them it they aren't just right. Some cats need privacy, so like an enclosed litter tray that is well away from the main living area of the house.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #10  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

You might check the local SPCA (if you have one) because they do neuters, and usually at a good price.

Peeing outside the box doesn't always have to do with whether a cat is neutered, nor will neutering necessarily fix it (though it might).

Suggestions: You have two cats, therefore you should have 3 litter boxes. One for each cat, plus a spare. You should be scooping the litter once per day minimum. My cats far prefer clumping style litter, and although it costs a lot more up front, I find that it actually lasts a lot longer than non-clumping litter if I'm scooping regularly and it keeps the boxes a lot cleaner. Most cats will refuse to use a dirty litter box. I have 3 cats, and 5 boxes (3 upstairs, 2 downstairs) and mostly that keeps them happy so long as I'm keeping the boxes clean.

Is Jimmer's declawed, by chance? Declawed cats sometimes find litter to be painful to their paws and will refuse to use litter boxes. A change to a different style of litter may help.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

There might be something about the cat box he doesn't like. At one point my cat had an issue with mine and the vet suggested clumping litter. No drama after that.

The cat peed on my bed the other night. He doesn't have a litterbox anymore because he can go outside. HOwever it was raining and i realised that perhaps he does want a cat box on rainy nights. He poo'd in the house this morning. Right near where i was sitting. It wasn't even raining very hard at all. So i guess i will have to go and organise a littler tray until it stops raining but i am not letting him in to sleep with me again for a while.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Borax helps to get the smell out. I've got 30 cats and one huge enclosed litter box. I have to keep it clean. I can get away with every 2-3 days cause its so big. It also has a large spot for a filter. I don't buy them at the pet store anymore though cause they are too expensive. I buy the charcoal odor thing from the dollar store. I pry it open and put the jelly in the spot for the filter. Works like a charm.
ainslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:25 PM   #13  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainslie View Post
Borax helps to get the smell out. I've got 30 cats and one huge enclosed litter box. I have to keep it clean. I can get away with every 2-3 days cause its so big. It also has a large spot for a filter. I don't buy them at the pet store anymore though cause they are too expensive. I buy the charcoal odor thing from the dollar store. I pry it open and put the jelly in the spot for the filter. Works like a charm.
30 Cats? Crazy Cat lady alert!!! j/k

The title of this post made me giggle. My kitty has bad hips and is floorbound. We call him Shitty kitty coz he likes to just lay on the floor and scratch things he's not supposed to scratch. Or he'll go downstairs and cry to be brought back up. And every morning at 5am he wants to be fed NOW. So he lays beside the bed and picks at the box spring with one claw. There is no ignoring that lol!

I'm pretty sure most cats are buttholes
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

LOL. When ours get tired of picking at the box spring, they "play" the vertical blinds. "Clickity, clickity, clickity"...When they get tired of that, they get in the window sill above the bed and jump down on our faces.

We have finally had to become prisoners in our own bedroom. Now the cats scratch and rattle the doors from the outside. Roger knows how to breach the pocket door and Sophie has a special little set of meows, chirps, and trills just to accompany her scratching on the door. This is cute, but annoying.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 76.4/76.4/50

Height: 152cm

I thought this was going to be about those hairless cats that leave butthole marks wherever they sit LOL
Pemberley is offline   Reply With Quote