3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Pudgy Pets (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pudgy-pets-196/)
-   -   Pics of my Collies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pudgy-pets/232691-pics-my-collies.html)

Mishflynn 05-07-2011 03:43 AM

Pics of my Collies

2 Attachment(s)
Heres some pics of my guys!

Attachment 38957

Zola , Flynn, Nellie , Mav

Zola is my pup, shes Mavs Daughter
Flynn is 8, Hes retired now, but in 2010 he was reserve world champ in the crufts World Cup Obedience!:carrot:
Nellie is my oldie, shes 12!
Maverick is my current competition dog. hes 4. below is a shot of him working!

Attachment 38958

Gorgeous or what!!!!!

Click on pix to enlarge!!!!!

fatferretfanatic 05-07-2011 09:30 AM

Ooooh! I love border collies! My mom and dad have a border collie named Leonard who was our family dog growing up. We couldn't have asked for a better mannered, more loving, smarter dog. He is also twelve. We got him from the local shelter, and he had a broken leg from his previous life situation. :'( But, after some good vetting, and some love from Mom, Dad and us kids, he got better and became the best dog ever. He loves to swim and go for rides in the car. He's not a classicly trained obedience dog, like your beautiful babies, but he is the most loyal, obiediant, amazing, loving, and playful (even after all these years) dog I know.

Yours are soooooooo beautiful! I would love to have such a beautiful and probably exciting band of dogs! You are so lucky! When I get a dog when my life situation permits it, it will probably be a border collie. I have four ferrets, and I would like to have a dog around who can be trained to not want to be agressive toward them (it's still always a good idea to supervise them, I realize), but I think B.Cs are the best dogs for things like that.

RJR 05-07-2011 10:00 AM

Beautiful dogs! Not only beautiful but they all look like so happy :)

Stopfat 05-07-2011 10:35 AM

They are soo cute! Beautiful picture on your avatar too!

Mishflynn 05-07-2011 11:50 AM

Thankyou everyone for liking my Babies!!!!

Thats Zola on my Avatar shes BONKERS!!!!

Collies would be good with ferretts, if any thing they just "watch" small furries! :)
We had a Bunny & some G.pigs when i lived with my mum ,& Tara (rip) & nellie were fine with them

patchworkpenguin 05-07-2011 11:54 AM

how cute! thanks for sharing the pics

Laffalot 05-07-2011 02:07 PM

Hi All - Love the Borders! They are also great competition dogs; some friends in my dog agility club have Borders & do so well with them These dogs just love to work! So glad you are doing "stuff" with them - they sure do need to keep busy, eh? Mav is so focused on you - isn't that great? And competing in Crufts is amazing & then getting Reserve World Champ. AWESOME!! I have a ShihTzu (Baxter) & have done agility with him but he is retired now; he's 8 1/2 & his knees give him a bit of a problem. BFN :wave:

cherokee21 05-07-2011 02:25 PM

Aw, gorgeous!! I love Border Collies. I have a golden retriever at the moment, but I'd love to have a Border Collie someday too.

Mishflynn 05-07-2011 02:25 PM

Thank you !!!!! :)

fatferretfanatic 05-07-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mishflynn (Post 3840009)

Collies would be good with ferretts, if any thing they just "watch" small furries! :)
We had a Bunny & some G.pigs when i lived with my mum ,& Tara (rip) & nellie were fine with them

That's awesome. Yes, I think that Border Collies are really the best choice for having around the fuzzbutts. Also, Border Collies have a really good gauge of how to handle different people/animals. If they play with children, they seem to be intuitive about how to be gentle. I never had Leonard around the ferrets, but he's going to be meeting them this summer when I stay with my parents through hubby's navy basic training. I can't wait to see his reaction

Lauren201 05-07-2011 05:27 PM

They are gorgeous! I've always loved border collies!

Mishflynn 05-08-2011 04:25 PM

FFF def keep me updated on poss collie.

Lauren, thankyou! Pandora isa gorg cat!

desperate99 07-01-2011 02:19 PM

They are such beautiful dogs! I currently have a cocker spaniel, and hope to get a border collie soon! They are actually the most intelligent of all dogs...

Mishflynn 07-01-2011 02:54 PM

thanku, they are fabulous dogs!

Aunty Jam 07-05-2011 12:50 AM

Beautiful dogs! I love the shot of Mav working... do you ever do any sports with them? My pups and I love agility... Snoop is just starting his training.