radioactive iodine treatment for cat?

• Has anyone ever done radioactive iodine treatment for their cats' hyperactive thyroid? One of my two cats just got that done and I'm picking him up soon and would love any hints for how to take care of him in isolation for the next week...
  • ???? you have to isolate him after it. I thought they had to keep him in the facility for 3 days since that's the half life of radioactive iodine and he/she is extreting radioactive material (urine and feces) for three days, therefore it all has to be handle as hazardous waste. If they just want you to isolate him to keep him calm, i usually just recommend getting a bathroom set up with a littler box and food and that usually works. Good luck.
  • I was fortunate enough to have my cat's hyperactive thyroid treated with daily pills. She responded well to her treatment and gained some much needed weight back.

Sorry don't know how to help you with your cats treatment. But I hope she starts feeling better. I hated watching my cat lose so much weight so fast. It was hard on her heart.