Just wanted to share some pictures...

• This little guy is Rocky, our deaf boston terrier. He's just so adorable I couldn't help but sharing these pictures I took today

And just because this one is hilarious:

• Awwww, how cute! Those are some really great pix! I wish I could get my girl to pose for me like that. She turns away at the last second every time.
  • He's precious!!! Do you train him with Sign Language?
  • How adorable!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE dogs, thanks for sharing the pics!
  • Oh My... what a ham, you can tell he just 'hates' the camera.. LOL
    So cute !!
    ^..^
  • Quote: He's precious!!! Do you train him with Sign Language?
    He's young so we're still working on it, but we have taught him quite a few signs. He knows all the basic commands like sit, stay, down etc. We also did some fun tricks like spin, rollover, and high five. Then he knows some "everyday" signs like eat and outside. It certainly helps that he's sooo smart. He picks things up super fast.
  • I love the freckled ear...
  • Adorable! I especially love the last one! (who cares about the hand when there's a camera around??)
  • LOVE the pics! That is amazing that you've taught him so much and he's learned! If he wanders off while outside how do you get him? Just chase him down or stomp maybe? This got me thinking about all the different challenges of having a deaf companion...I thought training my dog was tough! You're amazing and so is your dog!
  • Quote: LOVE the pics! That is amazing that you've taught him so much and he's learned! If he wanders off while outside how do you get him? Just chase him down or stomp maybe? This got me thinking about all the different challenges of having a deaf companion...I thought training my dog was tough! You're amazing and so is your dog!
    If we're not in a fenced in area he's on his leash 95% of the time to keep him safe. We let him off if we're actively training because the treats keep his attention. The exception is when we go to dog beach (they have a couple beaches here set aside for dogs to run around off-leash). Thankfully he's very good about staying in the area but we definitely keep a close eye on him. We're also teaching him to respond to a vibrating collar. It has a remote so that you can make the collar vibrate from up to 100 yards away. That way we can "call" him from far away but it will be awhile before we can really trust him to respond with distractions.

It definitely makes for some challenges with training, but its possible! I can really see potential in him and I think as he gets older (he'll only be 11 months next week!) he'll really be a well trained dog.
  • He certainly isn't camera shy! He's so very cute! Deaf dogs are awesome

I like how with BT's, you can carry them around like babies. My friend has one and you would think it was a baby with the way he likes to be carried!
  • Awww what a cute puppy!!! Very adorable! I love dogs
  • Hey neighbor, Cute puppy! Good to see you around ~ Love the avatar...such a QT!
  • So cute! My dog hates the camera too. I have to catch him at just the right time and usually have to give him a treat. This is one of the better pictures I have gotten recently...he was too busy chewing on a Bright Bites dental chew to shy away from the camera