Old 04-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Cat not urinating!

I'm worried about my kitty. She has a vet visit for today, which she will love, but she hasn't been urinating. She went once yesterday but nothing the day before and nothing today. She usually goes twice per day. I recently switched her food to Innova EVO although she had been doing it half with Innova EVO for a few weeks.

Otherwise, she seems healthy and what not. I hope she is ok.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #2  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I'm worried about my kitty. She has a vet visit for today, which she will love, but she hasn't been urinating. She went once yesterday but nothing the day before and nothing today. She usually goes twice per day. I recently switched her food to Innova EVO although she had been doing it half with Innova EVO for a few weeks.

Otherwise, she seems healthy and what not. I hope she is ok.
What were you feeding her before?
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #3  
Addicted to potato salad!

Glad you're getting her into the vet. She may have a UTI. My cat had one, but I didn't catch it until he was up all night howling, but got him in that morning. I couldn't tell if he'd been peeing because we have two cats and it's hard to tell who's pee belongs to who.

Good luck!! I'm sure she'll be fine.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #4  
Just Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV View Post
What were you feeding her before?
Precise kitten formula.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #5  
Beer Belly Be Gone

Awwww....poor baby. My kitty had the same problem but he was male. Apparently, they can have some issues where their genitalia goes back into them. The vet kept him a few days and just flushed out his kidneys and he's fine. Please let me know how she comes out. UTIs are never fun and I bet especially not for a kitty kat!
PatsTrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Our cat had a urinary blockage, which is an URGENT condition. Is she acting like she has to urinate, but can't? If so, get thee to a vet, pronto - kitty kidneys can shut down within 24 hours of wastes starting to back up in the bladder.

This is like the appendicitis of the cat world, common, but life threatening.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:47 PM   #7  
Just Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Our cat had a urinary blockage, which is an URGENT condition. Is she acting like she has to urinate, but can't? If so, get thee to a vet, pronto - kitty kidneys can shut down within 24 hours of wastes starting to back up in the bladder.

This is like the appendicitis of the cat world, common, but life threatening.
That is the thing, she doesn't act like it. She goes into her litter box, we check it, she has gone poo but no pee DH thinks she may actually be going in the tub. Her litterbox is next to the tub so I don't know.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

That's possible, my parents had a maltese that would pee in the basement shower drain when no one was home to take him out (and when he got older and didn't want to be bothered). Don't know how he figured it out by himself, as dogs usually aren't as smart about their habits as kitties, but a cat could definitely figure out that peeing in the shower keeps the litterbox cleaner.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

okay..FYI..cat not urinating = bad very very bad. Take to vet ASAP. Since its a female maybe not so bad...but still very very bad. Cats can die from urinary blockage. Are you sure you cat hasn't urinated somewhere in the house? if not, very concerned...uti, crystals, blockage etc. take to vet immediately.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #10  
Just Me

An update - She is staying at the vet until they close. They want her to urinate for them. If that doesn't happen, she might have another day visit tomorrow. They said her bladder is about half full. I think I'm going with the "pee in the bathtub" theory.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

it is probably the pee in the tub theory...but for all other pet owners, not urinating can be a very serious health issue.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #12  
Just Me

Yup I think she may be a pee in the tub kitty. She likes to play in the tub a lot and sometimes she'll just go in there and sit. Anyway, the vet gave us plastic beads to put in her litter box. DH blocked off the tub. She went pee in the litter box. DH and I collected it and I'll drop it off tomorrow at the vet. It doesn't smell or anything.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Isn't it AMAZING what we will do for our pets? I had to collect a pee sample on my big old kitty several years ago (he has passed on since then). Since we had four cats, I had to isolate him in the bathroom until he did his thing. He held it in for two days. Yup. Got a great sample, though!!! I feel for you...
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote