3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Pregnant - Nursing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing-173/)
-   -   New nursing momma (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing/70563-new-nursing-momma.html)

cjbeach 12-20-2005 09:29 AM

New nursing momma

Hi, my name is Kathy... I'm 35 and live in on the east coast of FL (as or 2 years ago). I'm a Philly native. I just had our 3rd and last baby on 10/28 (Blake) at home. I've had 3 children in 5 years and at 35 my body is not shedding the weight.

I joined WW when Blake turned exactly 6 weeks and had my first WI last Fri (12/16) and lost 3.4 lbs which I'm thrilled about. I'm nursing Blake as well.

We're down here by ourselves and haven't many friends in the area... kinda lonely here:(

RachelRandall84 12-20-2005 12:33 PM

Hi Kathy! Welcome, I'm a newbie too. I'm in a similar situation.. I moved while pregnant and am a little lonely too. :( This is my first child, and I'm not shedding the weight at all!!! If I had more time I would write you a little more here, but I;m kind of in a hurry.

Congratulations on your newest baby, Blake!! And welcome to the site! :)

GreatBigMonsterMomma 12-20-2005 04:14 PM

Welcome! I had my third daughter two days after you had your son. :D I know what it's like to feel lonely, all my family & friends are in Texas. (We're here because of the Navy.)

toybox 12-20-2005 10:30 PM

Welcome! That's great news about your weigh-in. I'm sure you will lots of success with WW. Maybe you will meet some new friends there :)

Snoopysgirl 01-01-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbeach
Hi, my name is Kathy... I'm 35 and live in on the east coast of FL (as or 2 years ago). I'm a Philly native. I just had our 3rd and last baby on 10/28 (Blake) at home. I've had 3 children in 5 years and at 35 my body is not shedding the weight.

I joined WW when Blake turned exactly 6 weeks and had my first WI last Fri (12/16) and lost 3.4 lbs which I'm thrilled about. I'm nursing Blake as well.

We're down here by ourselves and haven't many friends in the area... kinda lonely here:(

Congrats on your new baby; have you been enjoying that babymoon? I love that new babyness.. Our recent addition was born on July 4th.. doesn't seem like it has been nearly 6 months. Where does the time go??? I understand about having the babies close together. I think that it makes it harder to lose weight sometimes..maybe the thyroid and other hormones get a little stressed? It does take a lot out of ya when your body is forming new ones and nourishing them, etc. (My kids are 6,5,almost 3, and almost 6 months..so I totally understand). Congrats on your weight loss and I hope that it continues successfully.

P.S. Our third was also born at home. I hope that you had a good experience.

zebrabelly 01-16-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbeach
I just had our 3rd and last baby on 10/28 (Blake) at home.

Your baby was born at home? Both my babies were born at home. :)

Anyway, I'm new here so maybe I ought to go introduce myself. :carrot: