Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-02-2005, 07:12 PM   #1  

Default TTC Number 1

Hey Yall.. Welp, this is the 2nd time we have tried.. The first time i was 204 pounds Feb 05'. The doctor told me that i needed to lose weight before i tried to concive.. we tried for about 5 months with no luck
Now, ive lost 65 pounds, at 140 last time i checked last month...and we have been trying since last month, still nothing.. Aunt Flow was 2 weeks late... and when she came oh, was we dissapointed..
I have lost teh weight the doctor recommended, but dont seem to be able to concive.. i just thought id join yall tho.. hope to talk to yall soon!

xox- Tru Luvin
TruLuvin4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:17 PM   #2  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Well, first of all congratulations on your weight loss! That is a huge accomplishment.

I had tried to lose weight before TTC #1 also, I think I lost about 10lbs and then we got pregnant. I've heard that being overweight makes it harder to conceive and can make your pregnancy more difficult, but in & of itself is not a reason to avoid getting pregnant.

So... you've only been at it a month. It will happen! It took us 12 months this time around!
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:07 PM   #3  

Congrats on the weightloss! We're breaking from ttc#3, our first together, so that I can loose some weight.

Don't be too hard on yourself that you didn't get pregnant right away. Halloween marked our 2 year mark of trying so I can definetly relate to aunt flow paying an unwelcome visit.

Good luck you'll get there.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:09 PM   #4  
Movin on down the scale

Good luck to you, give it time...do you track your cycles? Or are you just "trying" all month? With a major weight loss you may have better luck trying to track your cycles if you are not, that way you can see what your body is doing now...GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!! Congrats on the weight loss...woohoo
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:28 PM   #5  

Hey Thank You all for responding in such a short time.. welp, i have a program called femta... that tracks ur cycles, and tells u the estimated time u will be most fertile. also it tells ur best days for a girl or a boy... i didnt have this program last month.. but i did way back when we first tried. So, i just got it downloaded again.. free for 30 days, then ya got to d/l it again... show me being fertile from 10-24.. so is it okay, to try all of those days? I cant wait till the 10th..lol..ha ha!
Hubby is gonna be totally satisfied with his sex life those days...lol...
So THANKS for all of yalls sweet comments, yeha, having a child will really mean something for me, it will be my first.. and my husbands 2nd. So, we will be so happy when we finally do concive.. Im just praying for a miracle....
xox- Tru Luvin
Old 11-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #6  

Fertility friend is a good program for tracking your cycles and temps and stuff but I'd stay away from their discussion boards since that's a paid feature now but the software is still free.

I wouldn't try every day. I would try every other day. Doing it every day is going to have an affect on his count plus you'll get real tired of it real quick.

I'd suggest reading the book taking charge of your fertility. It's got alot of useful information about how to figure out and track your cycles. Plus there's also ovulation test kits that work well once you figure out how to interpret them.

If you have any questions let me know. Like I said I've been at this 2 years now unfortunately I wasted a year and a half before anyone discovered that we needed medical help to concieve.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:38 AM   #7  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

My doc says no on every day, takes 48 hours for the swimmers to build up the essential proteins. The dollar tree ovulation kits are pretty accurate. A few dollars a month and you can conform ovulation.
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #8  

Thanks Yall.. Ill make sure not to make love every day..lol.
but im hoping this is the month to produce....
xox-TruLuvin