Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 02-24-2016, 08:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250-160/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Pregnancy, Depression, & Weight Gain

I'm 28 weeks pregnant, and becoming really depressed.
I had a previous History of a 90 lb weight loss, with abdominoplasty for extra skin. Also a History of depression with one suicide attempt.
As my pregnancy progresses, last week I felt the last of the internal stitches from my "tummy tuck" rip out internally. Because of tiredness from the pregnancy, I've also had to quit both my (physically demanding) full time job, and my volunteer job, a big part of my identity. When I had to quit my full time job, I lost my insurance, so going back to counseling is no longer an option.
The one thing that has been keeping me going is that I have planned a long hiking trip for this summer. I feel like it's the only hope of losing baby weight, and regaining my identity. I really want to take the kid with me, but the father of the baby says no. However, FOB has no plan for how he would take care of the kid, and no money, but says it would be safer with him. People keep telling me that I'm a "bad parent", "abandoning my child" and "ignoring my responsibilities".
I feel like if I don't do this hike, to focus on my issues, and allow me to get back into shape, I'm worried that I will get so depressed I will literally try to kill myself again, or at the least not be in a good state of mind to raise a kid. I know its "natural," but I can't stand the amount of weight I've gained and sitting at home being fat and boring and unable to do anything about it seems unbearable.
Anyways, I apologize if this is too serious for a weight loss forum. Just wondering if other people felt this way when pregnant at all? I have posted in the depression forums on this site in the past and gotten really supportive results in the past.
Cstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Hey! I understand the feelings, and I sympathize. I especially felt depressed when I was pregnant, and the stress and worry of impending parenthood and the weight gain certainly didn't help.
You said this upcoming trip is the only hope you have of losing the baby weight and regaining a sense of who you are. I'm sure the trip would be beneficial and fun, but there are other ways of losing the baby weight. I'm not sure all the circumstances, but leaving a few week old/month old baby can be hard, even if for a few days.
I know you said it isn't possible to get counseling because of the insurance situation, and you said you'd like this trip to help you sort through your issues... Why not use this pregnant time to work on that? Prenatal yoga and stretching, focusing on you and your baby - prayer, and some time looking inward will help.
From my experience, one event does not usually change someone, but small changes over a period of time do.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:51 AM   #3  

God I totally feel you.

16 weeks pregnant with an unplanned pregnancy. I have had so many ups and downs with my emotions and the weight gain has been so hard on me mentally. I have a two year old daughter who needs me and a boyfriend with a whole wake of mental issues... So feel the stressed, overwhelmed and wish I had someone to talk to about.

If you ever need a rant, chat or anything you can always message me.
elcorrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:26 PM   #4  
kwang

Smile I totally understand you want to give you a hug

Hey, I understand you and want to give you a hug.
When you feel depressed, you can try this, just give you a few minutes to listen a song, have a walk around the yard, enjoy a small funny video. I see those are very tiny things, but they really helped me when I am pregnant.

hey cheer up
Old 08-03-2022, 03:45 AM   #5  
kwang

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwang View Post
Hey, I understand you and want to give you a hug.
When you feel depressed, you can try this, just give you a few minutes to listen a song, have a walk around the yard, enjoy a small funny video. I see those are very tiny things, but they really helped me when I am pregnant.

hey cheer up

Tags
depression, lose weight, pregnancy