Question for BFing moms..

• Especially if you have started solids or are supplementing, did you get TOM back yet?

I'm on 5 months, and nothing...
  • I know someone who just got it back after 2 years, but she breast feeding a lot, and I think it took about 6 months to a year for her.
  • Exclusively BFing still (baby 6 months), and got mine back last month. But he sleeps through the night.
  • Exclusively BFing here as well. My little one is 6 months old and TOM still hasn't returned. Mine will sleep a 5-6 hour stretch at most before feeding again so that may be why.
  • I FF DS#1 (not because of supply) and it took me almost 8 month to get TOM. I EBF DS#2, but I got it as soon as I cut back (supplementing & started solids).

I have tried EBF, but weirdly enough my supply was very late (over 5 days) and low from day one...he wasnt gaining on BFing alone although I tried, I started supplementing, like months ago, I only BF a "good" feeding 2x day, but he was getting a few small feedings (he gets supplement afterwards anywhere from 1-4x daily....But I just started him on cereal, and we are really down to 2 feeding a day, and still nothing...I'm not complaining, but seems most of the literature says I should be getting TOM by now...
  • If I were in your situation, I would be wondering where TOM was too lol. Everything that I have read would also lead me to assume you would have got it by now.

My little one hasn't had formula since her stay in the NICU at birth and we just started solids about 3 weeks ago, but only once a day. During the day I nurse on demand which ends up being about every 2 hours and then eats 2-3 times at night. I am in no hurry to wean her from night feedings because I am completely fine with not having TOM.
  • I am fully demand feeding, including overnight feeds and TOM returned after six weeks - it was the same with the other three. I always feel hard done by
  • I got it back 8 months pp with my first, 3 months pp with second birth (surrogacy and I was pumping for them), and 13 months pp with my youngest. We didn't use pacifiers, nursed on demand and through the night and my youngest didn't really eat alot of solids until after one year.
  • I BFed my son for 16 months and never got TOM until he was completely weaned, even though at the end it was only 1 night feeding! That was so convenient. Planning on BFing my daughter for 2years, she's 5mo now and still no TOM!
  • DS is 11 months and my TOM still hasn't returned. I have PCOS and have had issues with irregular periods for as long as I can remember, so I'm not quite sure if that's playing a part or what.
  • I got it back at 14 months!!! Now he's 16 months, still nursing (obviously now on a lot of solids) and yet I've had like 8 periods...
  • I just had by son the end of February and EBF for the first month. Now that I am back to work though we have to supplement since I can't pump at work. Still BFing as much as possible though.