Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 10-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #1  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Default I still had 50 lbs to lose!

I got a positive pregnancy test today and though I know I'll find my joy soon I'm a little bummed since I still had at least 50 more lbs to lose before we tried next summer. Oh well. Here's to a healthy pregnancy!
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/172/150

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations!!
i know u r bummed at the moment but then...everything does not go as per our plans and schedules. be glad for the gift u r getting and enjoy it to the fullest.
iamritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #3  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR HUBS!!!! I know exactly what you mean! My husband and I had began trying while I was in the process of losing an extra 50-75 pounds, I had been on BC for 10 years so I thought it was going to take us a while. After a couple of months we got a big fat positive and we were both ecstatic!

But I, like you, also was concerned because I still had quite a bit of weight to lose even though I had already lost some in the process, which probably helped with conceiving. I spoke to my husband, family, doctor, friends, and people on here and realized that I should not worry about the excess weight during pregnancy (easier said than done, I know) but instead focus on continuing and creating healthy habits throughout my pregnancy that will stick well after giving birth!

My doctor also told me to eat healthy, give in to the occasional cravings, and not beat myself up. Make sure that I am eating PLENTY and everything I eat I need to think about if it is good for my baby. She also stressed to enjoy cravings as well, because baby will too! She said I could exercise lightly at least 3-4 days a week, more if I feel up to it.

So enjoy this pregnancy, remember that you can continue losing weight after you bring this wonderful life into the world, and use this time now to continue your healthy habits, create new ones, and enjoy all the wonderful things your body is going through! My first trimester was a little rough but so far my second trimester has been great and my energy has been a lot higher!

Feel free to ask me any questions or if you need someone to help you along the way, I am right there with you! And congratulations again!!!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/268/130

Height: 5ft 3

I needed to read this a few days ago...wow! I was at the lowest weight I've been in my adult life (still way too high) when I got married nearly two years ago. A month after getting married I got pregnant with our first child and she was born on Christmas Eve. Though the pregnancy wasn't any more difficult than I imagined and the labor wasn't complicated by my weight I decided that I wanted to lose some good weight before getting pregnant again. Needless to say I haven't lost any weight since she was born, partly due to how difficult is is for me to find a variety of healthy food to eat here (I live in a Western African city) and my own laziness. Just this week we found out that we're expecting our second child. While I am excited and I feel very blessed knowing that many women my size have great difficulty conceiving at the same time I was a little disappointed that I haven't lost more weight by now. BUT, I am committed to eating healthy during this pregnancy and I am confident that I can gain less than with my first child and I'm looking forward to it!
BASarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

OMG Nagazim!!!! Congrats. I'm laughing sooo much right now. So happy for you. I guess I can still "compete" with you now. I know exactly how you feel about the rest of the pounds. Lots of love
ainslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #6  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

I totally blame you Ainslie! You're contagious!
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #7  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I was finally in the midst of a very determined weight loss streak, having lost a total of 150 pounds with only 60 more to go when I found out I was pregnant. And as excited as I was, I felt lost and even cut off. I was at my lowest weight ever as an adult and was just starting to get out of plus sizes for the first time! Now I had maternity wear to look forward to?

I spoke to my doctor, eased up on the exercise (I previously miscarried), and continued to do my best with eating healthy but in larger amounts. Over the months I've found myself splurging some, but not really getting out of control. I still attend weekly weight loss meetings to keep the proper mindset (although my current goal is to obviously gain a healthy amount) and I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle when it's time.

I'm only a month out from the birth. And while having to put my weight loss on hold has been frustrating, the little baby I have on the way is so much more important! Once he's here and I've had the chance to heal up, I'll have plenty of time to work on more weight loss so I can be an active, involved, and healthy mom.

You'll get there too before you know it!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote