New to this board!

• Hi! I had my little guy about 2 months ago. I gained 36 lbs during pregnancy and have 23 lbs left to go before ppg weight and 43 lbs before my ultimate goal. It'll be awhile! I am nursing and really proud of myself, I gave up very quickly with my 2 daughters but I kept telling myself if I could have him drug free surely I could nurse!

I had lost 45 lbs on Ideal Protein prior to getting pg but that program is not healthy for nursing moms. I'm planning on eating clean, sticking to a 2000 calorie diet at this time and riding my bike and walking for exercise. With 3 kids 5 and under and a husband who works a lot it can be tough to exercise but losing weight starts in the kitchen!

Its been tough since those extra 23 lbs translates into being 3 pant sizes bigger. I've been having a hard time not beating myself up. Once a year of nursing is over if I'm not at the weight I'd like to be I'll use a plan I found on another site.
  • Good luck getting the baby weight off! It can definitely be done, just be patient with yourself and diligent with your habits
  • Hi April,
    Congrats on your baby (and your 'collection' as a whole - sounds like a lovely family). And BIG congrats on continuing to nurse and a terrific weight loss start. I'm hoping to get some motivation / inspiration / positive energy from you. My baby boy is 5 months and I've only lost 3 lbs, only to gain it back again. (That's been going on since I first stepped on our scales.) Oh, and yeah, the worst part is I gained ~75 lbs during my pregnancy! (AND I had not lost ~15 lbs from my first baby, so I started this last time in the wrong direction and have that still working against me.) Anyway, I am glad to find this site, especially with the nursing subcategory -- a healthy milk supply is my top priority.
    Hopefully I'll connect with other moms like you and me and get myself moving forward. Meanwhile, good luck to you in the rest of your journey!
    -Jill