So ready to get started

• Im currently 35 weeks and I can't wait till my little one is here and I seriously cannot wait to get my body back!

How soon after did you get started on weight loss?
  • Mamamiaa - I usually start weight loss about 6 weeks after baby gets here. That's enough time for the worst of my exhaustion to pass and for my milk to establish.
    Be prepared that your body most likely won't shape up exactly the same way it did pre-pregnancy. Things tend to come together a little differently with ever kid.
  • I tried at 1 week and ergh... will be waiting 6-12 weeks now that I know better!
  • Thank you! My plan is to wait two or three weeks and then only do walks with the new baby and then start the real work out at 6-8 weeks. Then dieting after I stop breastfeeding at 6 months
  • I didn't start working out until 4 - 5 months after. Then I gradually eased into exercise and began upping the intensity after each month. It took 13 months for me to reach pre-preg WEIGHT but I am not pre-preg SIZE!!! My stomach is bigger at the same weight so I need to tone the muscles still!

edit: I should add, 13 months after giving birth I reached pre-preg size (not 13 months after starting exercise). I should also mention I gained 37lbs from the pregnancy. So I lost it all in just over a year. )