Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #16  

I still need to lose 15ish pounds
jessica11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #17  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies! I hope you're all doing great! As of now, I have lost 48 pounds, 56 pounds left before I get to my goal. I'm calorie counting, and I take power walks every day during my lunch break, having a little one at home makes it a little tougher to get activity in so I do it while at work.

We can do it!
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #18  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 180/180/145

Height: 5'6"/39yo

I am going to start TTC#2 soon, like next month! I started doing Ideal Protein 7 weeks ago and have lost 32 lb so far, weigh in #8 tomorrow. My son is 21 months old and in that time I crept up to my weight i was at when he was born.

The strain of the pregnancy exasperated a back problem, 3 vertebrae out of alignment which caused 2 bulging disks that aggravate 2 nerves running down my leg. My exercise routine has become drastically altered and i found my eating only increased! Losing weight is key to my pain management, especially with a hopeful pregnancy so I want to minimize that possible strain as much as possible.

I should be close to my goal and beginning phasing off assuming it 'clicks' our first month trying. Fingers crossed!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #19  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

Oooh exciting LizRR! Keeping fingers crossed for you! Congrats on the fantastic weight loss, I'm sure it will make things so much easier on your future pregnancy!
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 285/274.0/150.0

Height: 5'3

I don't even want to post in this section because I'm in such a sad baby mood. My husband and I agreed that we would start TTC #1 after I reached my 100 pound goal. Well.....I technically started March 12 and I'm down a grand total of a pound since then. I fell off the bandwagon for most of April and gained back the 8 pounds that I had lost. I just feel icky. I can't motivate myself to work out, to eat better or anything. It sucks because the ONLY thing holding us back is my weight......
trailerprincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirl View Post
Oooh exciting LizRR! Keeping fingers crossed for you! Congrats on the fantastic weight loss, I'm sure it will make things so much easier on your future pregnancy!
Well, I decided to put off baby making until I hit goal. I am pretty anxious and wanted to "jump the gun", but really I want to make sure I am at the best condition possible. I am doing Ideal Protein (52 lb so far in 14 weeks) and have ~17lb to goal so it shouldn't be long now. I want to make sure I phase off correctly because I do fear that I would quickly gain back everything I worked for and put my back in jeopardy and want to follow the program to help avoid that...but man...I really want to start trying soon! I did go ahead and get an ovulation kit to have on hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailerprincess13 View Post
I don't even want to post in this section because I'm in such a sad baby mood. My husband and I agreed that we would start TTC #1 after I reached my 100 pound goal. Well.....I technically started March 12 and I'm down a grand total of a pound since then. I fell off the bandwagon for most of April and gained back the 8 pounds that I had lost. I just feel icky. I can't motivate myself to work out, to eat better or anything. It sucks because the ONLY thing holding us back is my weight......
I nursed my son until 16 months and waited until he was weened then I had wanted to start trying last Nov, and tried to lose the weight on my own...lost 6lb in 4+ months. I am on track to lose 60lb these 4 months on IP. It's hard to do it on your own. I am doing this under my doctors supervision and also meet with a coach weekly, have you talked with your physician about your concerns? Everyday is a fresh start, make your tomorrow your DAY 1.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #22  
On a Mission!

S/C/G: 298/258.2/198

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailerprincess13 View Post
Trailerprincess, I know how you feel about the sad baby mood. I'm feeling it too. I have struggled with weight since dating my husband. We got married September 2010 and his parents are nagging us to have kids (he's an only child.) I was even nagging with myself to try and get down to business. Everything is fine with the both of us (minus weight) so we tried a couple of times. Nothing. I then kept telling myself I needed to lose weight to get pregnant. I did NOTHING about it. June 1st I decided if I wanted to have children, I had to work for it. I am down 28 pounds so far. I am really positive it's my time to become a mother, so I am doing something about it.

The point I am getting at is if you want something bad enough, it gives you the why to do it. You just have to figure out the how. If you want kids bad enough, you need to work your @ss off to get to were you want/need to be. Good luck!
Verm0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

What a great thread....I will be TTC#2 next month or actually start in about 3 weeks....Very exciting! I gained about 75 lbs during my first pregnancy and it has taken me 2.5 years to get down to my prepregnancy weight of about 200 lbs. Now, I would like to lose 10-15 lbs more before conceiving...I have been doing Atkins for the last 3 weeks and have lost 10 lbs. I am hoping to at least get to 185 before conceiving and plan to be very mindful of what I next time I am pregnant.

Now that I have discovered this thread, I can come back often to check in! Good luck mammas!!
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

So I have had zero progress since the last time I checked in. Every time the scale would move in the right direction, my milk supply would drop. So I would eat more....and now I'm 204.6 (a little over 10 pounds up from my pre pregnancy weight). I've come to terms with it though. I'm going to start focusing on losing weight first and whatever I pump is whatever I pump. My daughter is already 10 months old and she's eating plenty of solids too. I've also adjusted my hours at work so that I can hopefully nurse her one more time per day and eliminate the need for another bottle. *crosses fingers* Hopefully we'll both last for at least a few more months!

But the very exciting news I would like to share is...that I was accepted into a fitness program at work. For the next 6 months, I will get 3 hours of leave a week to exercise. This is the first week, so I don't have any "free" time to exercise until Wednesday. I don't have any official goals yet, but I would like to run a 5k by the time this is over. So I'd like to finish the C25K program, and restart the 30-day shred. Oh, and weight lifting...I have to just pick one thing at a time!
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #25  

I have unofficially made goal, scale at home says 141 and I am now wearing a size 2. My final WI for Phase 1 is this Friday at 2pm, then I start phasing off of Ideal Protein. So 2 weeks of Phase 2, 2 weeks of Phase 3, then I would like to maintain for a short while to gauge my calorie needs before officially TTC #2...so about 3-4 months countdown?

I just don't want to balloon up again, not so much out of vanity, but more importantly for my back and pain management. I had chronic back pain for over a year after having my son With an overweight pregnancy and have been pain free for months now after losing weight, so I really want to do this right...but man, am I itching to start!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-01-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretel View Post
So I have had zero progress since the last time I checked in. Every time the scale would move in the right direction, my milk supply would drop. So I would eat more....and now I'm 204.6 (a little over 10 pounds up from my pre pregnancy weight). I've come to terms with it though. I'm going to start focusing on losing weight first and whatever I pump is whatever I pump. My daughter is already 10 months old and she's eating plenty of solids too. I've also adjusted my hours at work so that I can hopefully nurse her one more time per day and eliminate the need for another bottle. *crosses fingers* Hopefully we'll both last for at least a few more months!

But the very exciting news I would like to share is...that I was accepted into a fitness program at work. For the next 6 months, I will get 3 hours of leave a week to exercise. This is the first week, so I don't have any "free" time to exercise until Wednesday. I don't have any official goals yet, but I would like to run a 5k by the time this is over. So I'd like to finish the C25K program, and restart the 30-day shred. Oh, and weight lifting...I have to just pick one thing at a time!
That's awesome about your fitness program! I weight lift 3x/week and I love it! I take a class at my gym called Bodypump, an hour long weightlifting class that has ~5 minute segments covering warm-up, squats, chest, back, triceps, biceps, lunges, shoulders, abs, and cool down. High repetitions and low weights using the bar with plates adjusted for each segment. I've been doing it on & off for years now, and am finally pain free where I am comfortable to pick it up again and increase my intensity like "the old days".

I am hoping in a few weeks I can pick up running again (my last race was a half marathon the day before I found out I was preggers with #1 ~Nov 2009). I was a fat runner for a long time, it kept me at an 'overweight' level, but had to cut it out after I threw my back out after I had my son and moved to 'obese' quickly without that high intensity exercise crutch.

And I totally hear you on the nursing, I went for 16 months nursing my son and continuously gained throughout until I reached my weight I delivered my son at. I really am focusing on keeping my body at a healthy level, I really wrecked my back (spondylilysthesis-3 misaligned lowest vertebra, causing 2 bulging disks that aggravate 2 nerves running down my leg) with my first pregnancy. If I knew how much damage an overweight pregnancy would have caused I would have definitely been more cautious with #1. Chronic back pain is awful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Last edited by LizRR; 08-02-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #27  

Hello? Is anyone out there? Just a quick pop in/update. I officially met my goal weight and have been successfully maintaining since September 1, 2012 - so almost 2 months at a size 2!

I recently started a running routine so that I would have an 'established exercise routine' in the finger-crossing-scenario that our TTC#2 attempts are successful. I am doing 6-mile runs on Tue & Thur @ 5:10am, and an 8-mile run on Sat @ 7am. I also barely squeeze in a weightlifting class on Sundays @ 8:30am along with a walk to the park with my son (3-mile roundtrip) weekend afternoons (at least until the weather stops cooperating).

My schedule has gotten pretty hectic recently due to my #1 - he was diagnosed with a profound speech delay, so I am JAM PACKED from 7am-7pm with speech therapies, driving all over town (2+ hours/day), as well as WORK! So 5am runs were all I had to choose from!

1 more month of maintenance and we will 'officially' start trying for #2. I admit the first month was pretty scary, but these past few weeks have been much easier as far as keeping steady with my eating and weight maintenance. These last few scheduling hiccups didn't help, but it is a temporary situation.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #28  

Just one more update to this thread - I am almost 7-weeks pregnant with #2!

I actually was able to stick to plan pretty closely - I reached my goal and entered maintenance on 9/1, maintained for a few months and started up a good exercise routine (run 25-30 miles/week, weightlift 3x/week), and we started trying in December and conceived our first month trying! My due date is Sep 11th. I have been maintaining so far and have my first OB appt in 2 weeks. Very excited, nervous, anxious, happy!!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:01 AM   #29  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Liz!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

Congrats LizRR!

I'm down roughly 10 pounds since July. I think that I really couldn't lose weight while breastfeeding. But I weaned about 2 weeks ago and I'm hoping that I can speed up the weight loss a bit now. I'm hoping to be healthy enough to TTC this year.
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote