Fall/Winter Mamas 2012

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Congrats Sacha!!!

You know, I feel like I'm showing sooner with this one too, and I'm only 6 wks. But, I think it's actually from the weight loss too! Before I was so covered in fat rolls, that it took till 6-7 months to show the actual BABY bump, LOL....
  • Well, it's early, but I've waited so long for this... so I'm joining here in the hopes that things will continue to go ok. We had our first early u/s this morning, and found out that we are expecting twins. It's so scary thinking that so much could go wrong still... but two heartbeats were detected, and both embryos are measuring at 6w just like they should be, so for right now things look good. We have another u/s in a week, and I think we will be monitored pretty regularly due to both the multiples and it otherwise being a high-risk pregnancy.

Edit: Oh, official due date is Feb 6. But with twins we'll be expecting something more in the Jan 9-Jan 23 time frame.
  • I'm new here and I'm due November 1st with my second child. I started out at 263 but lost weight due to morning sickness now I'm gaining back even though I'm eating healthy. I've made it half way but I'm already having breathing difficulties due to my weight. Anyone else in the same boat?
  • Quote: Well, it's early, but I've waited so long for this... so I'm joining here in the hopes that things will continue to go ok. We had our first early u/s this morning, and found out that we are expecting twins. It's so scary thinking that so much could go wrong still... but two heartbeats were detected, and both embryos are measuring at 6w just like they should be, so for right now things look good. We have another u/s in a week, and I think we will be monitored pretty regularly due to both the multiples and it otherwise being a high-risk pregnancy.

Edit: Oh, official due date is Feb 6. But with twins we'll be expecting something more in the Jan 9-Jan 23 time frame.
    Wow chickadee so glad to see you here with twins! Do you know if it is fraternal or identical. I guess fraternal right Congrats.
  • Chickadee!!! Congratulations! Lots and lots of good vibes being sent your way.
  • Congratulations Chickadee and TiffyTaffy!!
  • Thank you, sasha, mandalinn and Gale! And mandalinn, congratulations on the birth of your son!! I hope things are going wonderfully so far. It must be amazing to hold that sweet little boy. And Gale, good luck with the impending arrival of your little one!

sasha, yes, almost certainly fraternal. We transferred two embryos this time, only because I was certain there was NO WAY both would implant. Ha!!

TiffyTaffy, welcome to 3FC, and congratulations on your pregnancy! I am sorry the breathing has been tough - that sounds uncomfortable. Did you have similar difficulties with your first?

I had some very light bleeding that started Saturday and didn't let up until last night, and so I'm headed in for another u/s tomorrow morning. My nurse doesn't think anything is wrong (that the bleeding might just have been from Friday's u/s), but I'm glad we'll be checking on everything. Will I ever stop being so nervous that something is going to go wrong???
  • Hello everyone, I will be 25 weeks on Saturday. Oct 13th due date.

Its a boy! Really excited!
  • Quote: Hello everyone, I will be 25 weeks on Saturday. Oct 13th due date.

Its a boy! Really excited!
    Congrats! I am due with a boy on Oct 29th myself
  • Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting on this side of the boards! I'm due early Feb with my first. Just hit 12 weeks today with my next doctor's appointment on Tuesday.
  • Hey mamas! Just want to see how everyone is holding up in this hot summer heat? I'm 31 weeks today & I am done. I don't remember being this uncomfortable so early with my last one. I was really lucky. But I am definitely having a harder time this go around. I don't know if it's because of the heat, or because I have an 18 month old who doesn't STTN I'm chasing while working full time or what. But I am struggling.

Hope everyone is doing well & keeping cool. xoxo