Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 02-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I was 18 and in Pre-Vet Med School when I found out I was pregnant. I was horrified to say the least. it was definitely NOT under circumstances that I wanted. I had no support, no man by my side, and i really wanted to finish my program. I had HUGE financial issues. My family was not really able to help in ANY way. I considered adoption too. Then as the little life grew inside of me and I felt the kicks from little feet, I grew to LOVE this little being inside of me (before I kind of viewed it as a parasite). I wanted to know what his fingers looked like, and toes. The climax was for me when some well meaning elders chose an adoption family for me which pissed me off, because others thought they could make that kind of decision for me. I vowed to keep him. And i did. I went through everything imaginable. I sometimes was homeless, jobless, but I had my baby and it was me and him against the world. I do have to say God was so GRACEFUL to me. I always had someone surrounding me to help out with whatever I needed. It wasn't always pretty, but it was a life. There were some really really bad times, but there were way MORE good times. I don't regret ONE SINGLE MOMENT. I love that boy who is now a teenager (that has its own headaches) and I always cry when I hear that song "God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you". I think of him, and how I wouldn't have him in my life if everything had gone "as planned".

Just so you know. I have a 9 month old "nursing school" baby sleeping in the crib in the next room. I thought I would not finish nursing school because I got pregnant in my second to last semester and I was due during FINALS and I knew I had to have a c-section. My crazy dr was admant about having it on the 3rd, which meant I had to reschedule a final, which my teacher was ok with, but the hospital called and told me they had to reschedule it for the 5th. Whew. However, I did get right through finals and ended up having the baby right before graduation. . I missed my pinning but went to my graduation. nothing went as planned but somehow it seemed "all planned".

I am praying God gives you peace during this very trying time, and that He will supply all your needs if you look to Him for His help.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Thank you, Jendiet. That means a lot.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

you are very welcome.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote