3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Pregnant - Nursing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing-173/)
-   -   Spring/Summer 2012 Mamas (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing/246722-spring-summer-2012-mamas.html)

Sakai 12-08-2011 10:29 AM

Mandalinn82- Congrats on having a boy! What cute way are you gonna announce it?

As for me....My appointment got moved to NEXT wednesday. Arg!! i don't wann wait any longer!!!
The good news is that because it was pushed back a week my DF and I were able to take the day off so we won't be dead at work that night. (bad news is that my manager wants us to work on one of our days off to make up for it. I'm NOT looking forward to a 6 day work week when I can just pull 5) Df grumbled but agreed to work an extra day and I said I would if my body let me. so we'll see if my manager understands.

Feeling lots of twinges and pains in strange places on my belly now. Not sure what it is. sleep is getting hard as I will get this MASSIVE pain on my back by my right kidney if I'm not sleeping on my left side. WTF is going on with that @.@ then I'm hot, then cold, dying of heat, freezing my buns off...
I will never have normal sleepp again -.-

also...Dear Mother-in-law let it slip on my facebook page about my being pregnant and my wall expolded with people demanding to know if it was true, when i was due and 'So Happy's' and 'congrats!' ect...ect....
I don't think she ment to do it. But DF thinks she did because she is very...very against the addoption.
So now I have to figure out how I'm going to tell all these people my plans...or if I should have to let them in on my buisness. I want to be firm but not *****y as I've already had two coworkers trying their hardest to talk me out of it and I don't want friends and family doing the same.

mandalinn82 12-08-2011 12:19 PM

Sakai - wow, to me that is a total invasion of your privacy. Sorry that it got revealed before you were ready. If your MIL was trying to somehow interfere with your adoption plans by posting, the best way to sort of take that power back would be to respond to the FB well-wishers with a note that says "Thanks, we are planning on finding a family who can adopt this child". That way, you take the control over your plans back. But I totally understand if you're not ready to do that. Tough position!

We got cute little coffee mugs for people that say things like "My Grandson Loves Me" and "My Nephew Loves His Aunt Alicia", and we're wrapping them up and giving them for Christmas. They're nice heavy white mugs with baby blue interiors. I may fill them with some kind of "It's a boy" type candy, or even homemade candy, before I wrap them up.

MindiV 12-08-2011 12:38 PM

My appointment is on Wednesday next week too, Sakai! I can't wait...but DH probably won't be able to go with me, unfortunately. :( Gonna go it alone. And hopefully schedule my 18 week ultrasound for sometime between the 19th and 23rd!

Cute Christmas reveal ideas, Amanda!!

keller237 12-09-2011 12:37 AM

Mindi- That sucks he can't make it. I feel you there though, i've beeb to all of my appointments alone so far. I tell him he's welcome to go anytime but he works two jobs and is always tired and sleeps when he can. He will be going to the anatomy ultrasound and i'm pysched about that =]

Manda- Super cute idea. LOVE it!

Sakai- Sorry about your appointment getting pushed back, but baby will be a week bigger next week, thats always what helped me wait it out. Sorry about your mother-in-law announcing your pregnancy. I agree with Manda- Take the control back by saying something about adoption. If not, not saying anything is another option until you're ready. Don't let anybody talk you into changing your mind, Make the best decision for you, the dad and baby. You guys know what's best for your child.

Made it to the gym yesterday. Got a mile and a half and weights.

Today was a VERY BAD day. My soon to be mother in law tried to commit suicide because she's super depressed. Cops found and stopped her in the process. Something so stressful that none of us need to deal with at this point. She's getting help and in the hospital. One of the younger sons moved in with us until babys here, then he'll be old enough to get his own place, the other will be staying with us until she's out and better. Nobody knows how long that will be so we just gotta deal with it. They say it gets worse before its gets better but everything lately just seems downhill with our families.

26 days! I'm counting down til my next ultrasound lol

MindiV 12-09-2011 08:27 AM

Keller, just remember to BREATHE through the stress! Sorry you're going through all that, and hope your MIL-to-be gets the help she needs!

DH got to go to one doctor's appointment with me, but had to be back at work before the sonogram. He hasn't seen the baby on the sono in person OR heard the heartbeat yet!! :( I really hope he can make the Christmas ultrasound...

Sakai 12-09-2011 09:51 PM

Keller- egads, that's rough for you to have to deal with right now. But at least things turned out okay and your MIL is getting what she needs.

Mandalinn- Cute! I love that idea!

MindiV- True. And if I'm as far as my Dr. thinks I am then they might be able to tell me the sex of the baby. we'll both have news here next wednesday ^.^

Would anyone happen to know if it's okay to take melatonin to help get to sleep? we asked at the dr. office and they didn't really know. We looked it up online and it was 50-50..some said yes, some said no.
I really need to get some sleep, it's stupid how horrible my sleep has been. the past two nights I've taken a 1.5 mg melatonin(sp) and it's helped me get into that deeper sleep that I haven't been able to get to for the past two months. I don't feel drowsy or anything like that when I wake up. really it wears off about halfway through the night when I have to get up to go to the bathroom.

Ky30 12-10-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandalinn82 (Post 4131630)
Hey Ky! Congrats!

I'm getting punished for my relatively easy first trimester with some crazy symptoms now! First, the headaches have escalated and are now maybe happening twice as much. Second, I have this rash on my calves that randomly appears and itches like my skin is on fire...no idea what that is about. Third, it appears the loosening of the pelvic joints has caused either sciatica (not as likely this early) or pelvic girdle pain, which hurts right under my left glute. I'm a little uncomfortable this week!

Thanks! Sorry you are having a rough time. I had a scare Thursday started having contractions had to go to docs office and be hooked up to montiors and indeed I was so he checked me I wasnt pregressing which is good i was only 30 weeks at the time he sent me home to rest and drink tons of water they stopped after downing a ton of water must of been dehydrated even thou I drink 10 to 12 cups of water a day he now wants me drinking more water uhhhhh. So ladies make sure you drink up your water everyday.

Gale02 12-10-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakai (Post 4134166)

Would anyone happen to know if it's okay to take melatonin to help get to sleep? we asked at the dr. office and they didn't really know. We looked it up online and it was 50-50..some said yes, some said no.
I really need to get some sleep, it's stupid how horrible my sleep has been. the past two nights I've taken a 1.5 mg melatonin(sp) and it's helped me get into that deeper sleep that I haven't been able to get to for the past two months. I don't feel drowsy or anything like that when I wake up. really it wears off about halfway through the night when I have to get up to go to the bathroom.

This is from mayoclinic.com: Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Melatonin supplementation should be avoided in women who are pregnant or attempting to become pregnant, based on possible hormonal effects. High levels of melatonin during pregnancy may increase the risk of developmental disorders. In animal studies, melatonin was detected in breast milk and therefore should be avoided during breastfeeding. In men, decreased sperm motility and decreased sperm count are reported with the use of melatonin.

Some Doctors say it's ok though, so I don't know. :dunno:

MindiV 12-10-2011 06:58 PM

I'm getting REALLY frustrated with my family. It's like nobody remembers or cares that I'm pregnant. On my side of the family, I've had literally ONE of nine close family members, who I see regularly, even bother to ASK how the baby and I are doing since I told them I was pregnant months ago. My dad hasn't asked once, and neither has my sister, brother, his wife or two of their three kids. On DH's side, his sister is the only one who cares. Even DH acts like nothing's going on.

It's just really frustrating. Or I'm really emotional today.

But literally, here in town, I have total strangers who've heard I'm pregnant come up and ask me how I'm doing, how the baby is, if we know the gender, when I'm due...several of them are genuinely excited that I'm pregnant.

But my own family? Not at all. :(

Sakai 12-10-2011 09:20 PM

Mindiv- that can be hard. I assume it because your not showing as much yet? so it not really real to them? Not sure why family or DH for that matter wouldn't at least ask how the pregnacy is going.

Gale- yeah we read that too. I decided to only take it when I'm really falling behind in my sleep. ^.^ maybe once or twice a week.

(long story)
So I had my first major hormonal (sp) meltdown yesterday. I was at work eatting lunch and messing with my phone when I suddenly notice that I have a voice mail from who knows when. Well I it was my grandmother asking me to call her but she sounded so sad. most likely she was just tried or not feeling well or unsure what to say on the voice mail but to me it sounded like she was lonely and dissapointed that I didn't pick up the phone.
So I burst into tears,...in the middle of the break room in front of half my coworkers. DF (freaking out that the voice mail was bad news) Snatched me and lead me (blind with tears) out into the hallway where I could bawl on his shoulder with a bit more privacy.

he called down once he realized that nothing was really wrong and that it was just my emotions going nuts. Of course during this time when I was weepingly trying to explain my feelings, it was luch time for the OTHER half of my coworkers. so they were all clocking out in the same hall and seeing us down at the other end and THEY started worrying.

So THEN comes the Co-manager and nearly pulls us into his office and says to stay there until we could deal with our problem and take our time and let him know if he could help (he knew i was pregnent) he wanted us to have some privacy.

@.@ normally I would of just felt bad for missing the call but last night it was the most depressing thing I ever heard and i just couldn't stop the tears.

at the end of the day I get home and wait for 8 in the morning and call my grandmother. She sounded fine and said she left a voice mail around thanksgiving. And that it was spooky that it just showed up on my pphone last night. So she was fine.
So since I had her on the phone i told her about being pregnant because it got out of facebook and I didn't want another family member to tell her before I could explain myself. So i told her about needing the ultrasound before wanting to tell but that DF mother leaked it out and i'm not sure how far along I am yet and about the adoption.

I gave her my reasons and she seemed to understand but didn't want the baby to leave the family and said she would take the baby. but would talk about it more after my ultra-spound on wednesday
@.@
Now I respect my grandmother and it was hard to tell her that I'm not comfortable with that. But I'll let her know on wednesday. She's getting up there in years (really I have no idea but she must be into her 80's) She's retiring from work in a few months and she'll have the time to be with baby but kids are hard...teenagers are hard, and what if something happens and she can't take care of baby anymore, what will happen then? I don't want this baby passed around from one family member to another knowing that it's parents are right here but can't/won't take them.
I want my baby to have both a mother and father, and they are juat waiting for someone to pick them to be parents. I don't want my grandmother to take this sort of responsibility in her advanced years it dosn't seem fair to her or to the baby.

DF is sure that family on both sides are trying to guilt trip us into keeping this baby. He feels they should just accept it as our choice and not butt in. I tell him that it's hard for them because this isn't a normal thing for people to do (giving up their baby) and it's his mother's first grandbaby and my grandmothers great-grandbaby (though not her first) and it's hard for them to think that someone is gonna take the baby away when it's born.

Sometimes I wish I just kept this whole pregnant thing a secret. -.-

keller237 12-11-2011 11:24 PM

Mindi- Sorry about your family not supporting you. This is a tough time to not have support. I agree that maybe once you get bigger they'll be more into it. My parent didn't even acknowledge I was pregnant until last weekend when somebody asked my dad how many grandchildren he has. I hope you get support from your family soon. If not, you still have all of us ladies :]

Sakai- My ob-gyn said he won't give out sleeping pills because if you take them on a regular basis, it can actually cause the baby to ahve an addiction in utero. He said if anything, Ambien and Diphenhydramine(Active ingredient in benadryl but also main ingredient in many other generic sleeping aids) are the safest because they're class b pills. I googled Melatonin and thats a class C drug. If you don't know "classes", A- studies have found no posed risk to fetus in pregnancy, B- Studies have been done on pregnant animals and considered safe, but not humans. C- Studies have been done on animals and shown adverse effects in some fetuses but no studies on humans. It's up to you and you know your body better than anybody else, but personally, i would only take a class A or B medication.

No news with MIL yet other then she will be staying for extended period of time, rather than being released today after the minimum three day period. I also found out today that his pregnant sister (whom neither me nor him can personally stand but aside from the fact) tried to commit suicide herself and overdosed on thursday afternoon after reading their moms suicide note. She didn't know her mom was found in the process and is still alive apparently. Shes not my stress but that just means that the younger boys have to stay with me until both of them(daughter lives with MIL) are stable. I don't mind them being here because I know it's the safest place and the only way they can get to school and work safely.

It just annoys me because now living with three guys in a two bedroom apartment, theres always dishes, clothes, blankets, etc laying around and i'm constantly telling them to pick up after themselves. I mean I had to tell his 12 year old brother to take a shower today. He hasn't had one since Wed! I feel like I have to be a keeper of all of them and it's so frustrating. I don't mind cooking extra food or buying it even, its just annoying to be a "mom" to three grown kids and sometimes his 4 year old nephew as well when my child isn't even born yet. And the 12 year old snoops through all my stuff. Not that I have anything to hide but seriously? UGGGH.

Sorry, i'm just on a rant. I've been extra annoyed this weekend. The bf had off work from both jobs- and slept the whole time. every time I woke him up, he was grumpy and would complain until I would leave him alone. He gets literally one or two days off a month from both jobs- and sleeps 18 hours a damn day. So frustrating.

Back to work tomorrow. I've been off since Thursday when all of this went down. I'm hoping for a much better week this week!

bargoo 12-12-2011 08:17 AM

Sakai. I doubt if your grandmother is 80 if she is just thinking of retiring. Many children have been raised by grandparents or aunts and uncles and turned out just fine. The reason your family members appear to be against the adoption is, although this is your baby it is also their flesh and blood that is why it is hard for them to accept.

Emme 12-12-2011 10:21 AM

Hi ladies...well, I guess I am going to officially join you! I have been lurking for the past few weeks reading all of your posts, but I am officially 5 weeks pregnant today, so I figured now is as good a time as any to join you!

This is my first pregnancy and I lost my last 30 pounds to get healthy for a pregnancy, so I am very excited. My first prenatal appointment is December 22nd. I can hardly wait. It seems like this is going to be a forever journey. Plus, it is still so early that it feels like anything could happen at any time, but I know that is true with any pregnancy. When I first found out I was pregnant, I was a maniac on Google and search engines and I got into an immediate "worry" mode, but I'm much better now and I'm just enjoying each day.

I am looking forward to sharing thoughts/feelings/adventures with you all on this incredible journey. :)

Gale02 12-12-2011 12:05 PM

I just wanted to tell someone: SECOND TRIMESTER! Woohoo!! :D

mandalinn82 12-12-2011 12:24 PM

WOOHOO Gale! Hooray!

Emme - WELCOME! Congratulations!

Sakai and Keller - you are both dealing with so much! Sending you lots of good vibes to get through the crazy family situations and hormonal meltdowns.