Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I had some crazy dreams up until a week or so ago...now just straight SLEEP!

Thanks, Gale...I'm hoping that's true for me also. I'm not pigging out on junk, so I know it's not bad weight. It's necessary, obviously, or else I wouldn't be gaining it! Just don't have to like it!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #17  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Keller - I think we're about a week and a half apart, I'm due May 17 and just hit 13w today. Sorry you're having headaches...are they sinus headaches or hormonal? Mine were from the shifting hormones and AWFUL for a while there...2 migraines a week will wear a person down. My midwife recommended magnesium for them, which seems to have really helped, thank goodness.

My body decided to gain 4 lbs of water weight over night. I think it was a combination of soup for dinner (with all that salt) and weight lifting yesterday (sore today). Displeased with the scale this morning, though. Trying to be like the rest of you and think, well, if I'm eating healthy foods when I'm hungry, and I'm moving, I'm just going to have to let the weight gain fall where it may.

I've been living in workout clothes since week 2. Thank goodness I work from home. Luckily, my wife has jeans that are slightly bigger than mine, so I have been wearing hers in a pinch (but even they are tight in the waist, too loose in the legs and butt...sigh).

I've had a couple crazy dreams here and there, but nothing extreme. I've been sleeping SO WELL that I don't think I'd remember anything there was.

Oh, and I have to share our hilarious pic from the NT scan. He/she totally looks like an alien! Everyone always says ultrasounds look a little alien-like, but this one actually looks like the classic cartoon alien (for those not fluent in ultrasound, that's the back of baby's head...the alien "eyes" are normal fluids around the brain):

Old 11-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #18  

I had one of those gains, too, Amanda...up 3 pounds today from yesterday. Every time that happens I have to stop myself from trying to restrict the next day...like if I went overboard pre-pregnancy, I'd cut back the following day. I can't do that now....just gotta eat normally and let the little one grow!

But not too much growth...DH's grandpa was 14 POUNDS at birth!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

14 lbs!!!!! that is crazy! My DS was 9 lbs 12oz and 22 inches long he was a huge newborn.

Love the Alien picture
Old 11-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #20  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
I've seen a whole bunch of you out there in the March - June range...anyone want a 3FC support group?

It's amazing how the food pushers come out when you're pregnant! With PCOS, my gestational diabetes risk is really high, so I'm trying to keep an eye on my carb intake. You'd think I was not eating anything by the way people react!
CONGRATS!!!!! I remember you from the 100lb club . I havent been over there since finding out I was pregnant but will be back when baby boy comes in Feburary. Im to far ahead of you ladies to join but just wanted to say congrats.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:50 AM   #21  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Hi! Jumping in if I'm welcome too!

15 weeks here, first baby, all is going well so far.. Can't believe I'll be four months next week it's crazy..

Hoping so much that I'll start to show a bit soon, I feel at the moment like I just look like I gained weight. A friend told me yesterday (she's 8 months 1 week) that one morning she woke up and the bump had appeared, and that's how quick it was.

Thankfully all sickness & tiredness has gone now and I'm feeling pretty good. Gained a HUGE amount in the first trimester, like 16lbs!! This was due to overloading on carbs and crap in a futile attempt to curb the sick feelings. Also had a trip to the US and I gained like 5lbs in that week alone! Have never seen restaurant portions like the ones in Florida Something interesting I read was that it's possible that women who have been dieting prior to pregancy are more likely to gain weight quickly, as the body is holding on to all the calories it gets..
So, doing my best to watch what I eat pretty carefully after all that gain or I'm pretty sure my doctor will strangle me next month when I go to see him.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

mandalinn, Exciting news ! You are pregnant, how did I miss that ? You must have made the announcement while I was busy packing and moving. Best of luck in the months ahead.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardboardCutoutCat View Post
Hi! Jumping in if I'm welcome too!

15 weeks here, first baby, all is going well so far.. Can't believe I'll be four months next week it's crazy..

Hoping so much that I'll start to show a bit soon, I feel at the moment like I just look like I gained weight. A friend told me yesterday (she's 8 months 1 week) that one morning she woke up and the bump had appeared, and that's how quick it was.

Thankfully all sickness & tiredness has gone now and I'm feeling pretty good. Gained a HUGE amount in the first trimester, like 16lbs!! This was due to overloading on carbs and crap in a futile attempt to curb the sick feelings. Also had a trip to the US and I gained like 5lbs in that week alone! Have never seen restaurant portions like the ones in Florida Something interesting I read was that it's possible that women who have been dieting prior to pregancy are more likely to gain weight quickly, as the body is holding on to all the calories it gets..
So, doing my best to watch what I eat pretty carefully after all that gain or I'm pretty sure my doctor will strangle me next month when I go to see him.
I've had a gain too....as of yesterday 9 pounds! Still eating right and working out. I'm going to ask my doctor Monday if it's too much, too soon. Or if something else could be wrong. It said in one of my books to ask the doctor if you've gained weight for no reason and started at a normal weight, or lost weight for no reason as well, at a normal starting weight. Hopefully it's not a sign of trouble...and I bet it's not. Probably just that my body NEEDED some extra, maybe.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #24  
Moderating Mama

Hi CardboardCutoutCat

I would say my weight gain was pretty on track, but my body decided it needed to put on SIX POUNDS (presumably of water?) in the last 2 days. I am displeased and puffy, especially since my eating has been moderate. All yesterday I was chugging water to try to get rid of the 2 lb overnight gain from the day before and my reward was another 4. I'm annoyed and trying not to freak out, but last night I dreamed I was going in to give birth and was back to my pre-weight-loss 295 lbs. I won't be far off I keep putting on 4 lbs a day!!

Last night was actually pretty chock full of crummy pregnant dreams...all my biggest fears were covered (miscarriage, pre-term labor, etc). I think the insane work and personal stress going on last week finally got me.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

I had a 2.2 gain last night! Agggh, i haven't been gaining weight so far so you ladies could imagine my shock to see it up a few numbers.

Mandalinn: Love the alien pic!

What is everybodys 'official" due date? Mines May 6th, 2012

Also, do you ladies have other children or previous pregnancies? How far did you make it if miscarriage or stillborn? Or What ages and genders? How was labor and delivery on them? I'm soo scared since i miscarried my first pregnancy. I try to stay positive but all i can think is "what if something bad happens?"

Last edited by keller237; 11-12-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:40 AM   #26  

My "official" date is May 21, give or take a week, the doctor says. This is my first pregnancy
Old 11-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Keller - I don't have an "official due date yet" I am going to wait and do a dating ultrasound in about 3 weeks. According to my midwifes office using the birthing wheel which goes by LMP the due date is June 14th but according to my calculations based on conception date July 5th. So we will see what the dating ultrasound says

My history may not be too reassuring but here it is. (disclaimer - perinatal death and miscarriage)

After 5 years of dealing with PCOS and fertility stuff and trying to get pregnant I lost some weight went on Metformin and was surprised to find out in June of 2005 that I was 9 weeks pregnant with my first. It was a fantastic pregnancy but filled with worry and anxiety, I was so scarred something would happen. I did develop gestational diabetes but controlled it with diet and exercise. Everything looked good until the last 2 months or so. The baby was breech, I had polyhydramnios and my BP was starting to go up. I started to go into labour on Jan 6th 2006 at 36 wks 4 days had to have a c-section for the above reasons and unfortunately my daughter, Sonja Natalia, only lived for 35 mins after birth. She had Spinal Muscular Atrophy that had kicked in in utero and prevented her lungs from developing and some other stuff. We had no idea there was something wrong with her and everyone was shocked. We later found out it was a genetic mutation, SMA is usually an autosomal recessive disorder meaning that both parents carry the recessive gene for the disease, we do not carry the gene (found out after lots of genetic testing)

I then got pregnant again by accident in Sept of 2006 right around the time I went in for gallbladder surgery, the baby stopped developing and I miscarried at 9.5 weeks. I have a feeling that this is due to the fact of the surgery right after conception and then heavy pain meds, etc. 2006 was a crappy year.

Well I started running and eating healthy again and was ready to start trying to conceive in early 2007 after charting my cycle DH and I got pregnant on our second month of trying. I got my BFP on the hp test at 9 dpo. Even though I was a bit worried I decided that I was not going to spend this pregnancy in a state of fear I developed a mantra "Big, Strong, Healthy Baby" that I would say to myself when the anxiety started to kick in. I focused on the present day and enjoyed my pregnancy and preparing for this baby. I had a wonderful pregnancy and was pretty relaxed. I ate healthy and I exercised. I actually ran my first 5km race (my daughter Sonja was the honouree) at 9 weeks pregnant. I did not develop GD this time. I delivered my "Big, Strong, Healthy Baby" at 39 weeks by planned c-section (I wanted to VBAC but it wasn't in the cards) on January 29, 2008. Julian weighed 9lbs 12 oz and was yelling his head off before his body was even out of me

I am approaching this pregnancy the same way I did with Julian's. I am using my mantra and I am not giving in to the worry. Worrying about the what-if's will not change the outcome nor will it prepare you any better if they do come true. I am enjoying this pregnancy (well hoping to enjoy it more once the horrible all day sickness and exhausting settle down)

So there is my long story. I wish you a happy, healthy, relaxed pregnancy and birth.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 290/272/165

Height: 5'7.5

Butterflymama- Wow! You've been through soo much and still have a positive outlook and mantra. You are definitely a role model.If you can go through that, be positive, and have a helathy baby, i can defintely get passed the worries of something happeneing and enjoy my pregnancy too =] I wouldn't be able to pull myself together if I lost a baby I carried to full term. I think I would go crazy. Everything looks good still thank goodness. My worries are beginning to fade as i'm in my 16th week now. 9 lbs 12 oz? Definitely a big,strong,healthy baby. Thank you for the reasssurance that those things can happen and go on to have many healthy babies! I know it in the back of my mind, but personally don't know anybody else who has miscarried and then went on to have a healthy pregnancy.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #29  
Moderating Mama

Butterflymama - that's a lot of history. I am also trying to approach this pregnancy with optimism, since I have no history of miscarriage but a LOT of risk factors. I need someone to come and disable Google on my computer, so I stop researching complications.

Right now I just learned I have a low-lying placenta. Of course in most cases it is TOTALLY FINE (something like 9/10 placenta previas diagnosed before week 14 go away as the baby grows) but it gave me something else to worry about.

I had to get maternity pants, since my belly totally popped and my regular jeans were not cutting it anymore. At least the band on the pants makes my bump look like a bump, and not just like I ate too much lunch.

I'm really struggling today with a migraine. I used to get them maybe every 2-3 months pre-pregnancy, but now I get maybe one every week or so. I could do without it!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #30  

The first thing my doctor told me was to stay away from Google!!
Closed Thread