Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 07-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/192.5/130

Default A Bit Freaked Out....

I am going to be 36 and have been married for 12 years. We had thought we didn't want children and then recently oddly enough, we decided we did want children. Well, with my age, we know we can't wait, but I also know at my weight there can be complications.

Can anyone tell me if they had successful pregnancies at this weight and what to expect as far as Dr., procedures, etc.... We immediately started with lower sodium, healthier foods and I am going to a complete exam before we attempt, but time is a wasting now that we have made this exciting decision!!

I am a bit freaked!!!
meltitaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Congrats! I was in the 260s when I got pregnant and my dr was not worked up about my weight at all. She encouraged me to eat healthily and gain minimal weight (I gained 8 lbs the entire pregnancy). The only "complication" I had was a weird result on the spina bifida screening test, and it was difficult for them to get clear ultrasound images due to the extra "maternal tissue" (aka FAT) in the way. So that was a little stressful, but my son was healthy and just turned 8.

Good luck!!
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

Hi,
When I gave birth to my second I weighed over 250lbs!
I suffer from PCOS so I wasn't supposed to have kids..
The one thing that I would suggest is try to have a little stress as possible..try to feel good most of the time, get massages from the hubby, get a manicure, hair done whatever..just be good to yourself and let mother nature do her thing..
Good luck
SLIMplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:59 AM   #4  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i was over 250 when my older son was born...i dont know what i weighed when i got pregnant but i was at 270 when he was born...i didnt have any complications but i was also really young, 19 when pregnant and 20 before he was born...he was 2 weeks overdue and labor was induced, but that was my own decision...had an epidural that didnt work, but that was because of other factors, not my weight...my son was later diagnosed with ADHD but i dont think that maternal weight is a factor in that...so overall i dont think my weight had any negative affects on my pregnancy

with my second son, i was 213 when i got pregnant and 247 when he was born...another pregnancy with no complications...another overdue child with labor induced, again my choice...another epidural but this one worked...and my younger son does not have ADHD
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:51 AM   #5  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I was 235 when I got pg with my first, 250 when she was born, the only complication was she was breech (butt first) so I had to have a c-section, but that had nothing to do with my weight.

I was 250 when I got pg with my second, 250 when she was born (I lost 15lbs the first trimester then gained it all back the third trimester). No complications at all, even had a successful VBAC.

I was 220 when I got pg with my third, 240 when he was born. Only complication was slightly elevated glucose levels at the end of my pregnancy (not high enough to be considered diabetic) which resulted in him being a bit bigger than my girls were, even tho he was 1.5 weeks early and they were both late. Other than that my pregnancy was perfect, and had another successful VBAC with him.

My midwives were never concerned about my weight, except to tell me to eat healthy and try not to gain more than a pound or so a week if I could.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #6  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

I was 254 when I delivered my first son and had no weight related complications. I got pregnant with my second when I weighed 264, delivered at 291 and had no complications.

Get thee to a good Dr that you trust and continue to eat healthy and exercise.

Good luck!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #7  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

PS - We're currently TTC #3, and I'm not worrying about my weight!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote