Pregnant Rant!

• So and i got into a fight. He woke up this morning and was getting ready for work. I usually am very supportive of him when I am home. But he totally pissed me off.

He said that because a flea bit him on the foot this morning...when the baby came my son's feist has to go outside.

REALLY? one flea bites you and the dog is gone because of what you are worried about the baby?

first of all, my house is not flea infested. The poor dog didn't have any fleas on him when i sat and combed him after jerkface left for work.

what REALLY pisses me off is that he hangs around a friend who lives in ABSOLUTE FILTH. and that dog is just G-nasty. And i'm sure their house is flea ridden, then he comes home and blames a flea bite on one of our animals.

Not to mention my son will be in a world of transition (he is 12!), and jerkface thinks it is ok to take away something that gives him security.

Then he tries to tell me I don't have a say so in the matter. EXCUSE ME? My name is on the lease.

It is good he is worried about the baby, i like him to think like that, but automatically jumping from A to D, and skipping B, and C. If I thought like that, he wouldn't be with me anymore.

I would be more understanding if there was a problem, but as of now, there is not. we are not covered in fleas, and there are still steps to take to make sure we don't get that way. But he just wants to throw the dog outside. that makes me mad.
  • Sorry to hear that Jen... I often hear of things like this happening because of a baby on the way.

Perhaps, you should explain to your SO that your dog does not have fleas and mention anything you a doing to prevent them i.e Frontline etc. I would also confront him on a calm way about his friends dog and that you are concerned that this is where they are coming from.

He may not out 2 and 2 together, you know??

Good luck.
  • I would wait till he's more calm and explain to talk to him. Let him know you checked the dog and found no fleas and that maybe the flea came from somewhere else, and remind him that his friend also has a dog and it could just as easily come from that dog. Don't rant and rave about his friend but mention it as a possibility.

As for getting rid of the dog I agree it's your place too he can't force you to get rid of it over 1 flea.
  • Oh my, I can't believe he is still alive... I would have gone off on my hubby so bad if he did that. I admire you for not resorting to physical violence.

I would suggest he take the dog for a visit to the vet for some flea treatment/prevention meds. Don't forget to mention that leaving a dog to live outside is just asking for fleas to come and infest your yard (and possibly your house depending on how bad the yard infestation gets).
  • thanks ladies i did all of the suggestions and we worked it out.

Yeah latchkey, i'm glad I didn't resort to violence.
  • Glad you worked it out!, I do have a few other comments, Take them for what it's worth.

I work for a veterinarian! While fleas can be an issue, with a bit of persistence, it's not that big of a problem to solve.

That said, it's insane, how someone will pick on the one member of the family that can NOT defend itself.

As to his friend who lives in filth, and probably is not taking care of their pet. TURN them in to you local police or animal control!

I see way to many neglect cases. And in our small community one horrid abuse case, where a guy beat a 10 week old puppy to death because it chewed up his cell phone charging cord. I am happy to say, because it was reported, and thanks to a video on my cell phone, the abuser is now doing 5 years in the state pen. It won't bring the puppy back, or relieve what she suffered before she died, but there is a bit of small solace in the justice.