Exercising with breast pads

• Ok ladies, I have a question for ya'll. Do you have breastpads in when you exercise?
  • I did in the beginning because I leaked constantly. For a few weeks post partum, if felt like if I sneezed I leaked everywhere.

Around 4 months, my supply leveled off and I no longer wear breastpads at all, not even at night. With my first child, I had to wear pads for the full 12 months; the milk just never quit coming!

I would just make sure you get one that is very breathable (no plastic backs) that has a sticky tape part to stay in place in your bra. If you're at home exercising and they bother you, just take them out. So what if you get a little milky?
  • I have to use them all. the. time. Awake, sleeping, exercising, whatever. I use the Lansinoh ones, I find they are really absorbent and very breathable. I don't usually stick them down unless I'm exercising, then the sticky becomes necessary or they bunch up in the middle of my bra or underneath my breasts. I tried using reusable ones with my first and I just produce too much milk, I'd have them soaked through in no time at all, even after my supply leveled.
  • My DS is only 10weeks so my supply is still abundant and leaky! I've just starting working out again and now I can see probably what my mistake was, I didn't stick my pads down Because I ended up with rather sore nipples so I figure they must have been rubbing (although I would have thought my nipples would be pretty touch now with the way my monster eats them!).
  • Back when I needed pads, I bought I set of Lilypadz- they're made of silicone. Awesome stuff. http://www.simplylily.com/
  • I'm sorry to interupt this lovely chat but... Whats a breastpad O_o
  • I used the fleece backed until it calmed down to prevent leaking thry my top.

http://www.newmoonpads.com/Breast_Pads.html

A.
  • @ SarRawrNaomi - a breastpad is an absorbant pad that breastfeeding mothers put in their bra to contain the milk leakage.
  • At home, no, but at the gym, yes. ~ just in case