Now I know why I stopped losing weight!

• So I started counting points on November 12th, I lost 3 pounds, then two pounds, then 0 pounds. Then on December 1st I took TWO tests and they both came back positive. We are very excited, but a little shocked, I thought it would be hard for us to have a baby because of my weight (~250 lbs) and my age (39). We wanted a baby, but I was hoping to lose some weight first, I am unsure what I do now?

I am so glad there is a forum for Pregnant - Nursing and hope to gain some insight on how to keep my weight gain under control and find some support for the next 33 weeks.
  • Congratulations!!!
  • Ask your doctor about advice on diet while pregnant.
  • Quote: Ask your doctor about advice on diet while pregnant.
    +1 to bargoo, the weight gain reccs shift a bit depending on where you start (under-, over- or healthy weight).

Congratulations!
  • Yea!!!! That's great news!!! I know many women who continued to lose weight while they were pregnant. (One craved nothing but watermelon, and as her belly grew, the rest of her was shrinking. It was crazy!) Your doctor will be able to help you stay on track.
  • Congratulations Jodyjo!! The title of your post made me LOL, pregnancy will definitely make you stop losing weight.

I was 264 when I conceived my second (who was a surprise baby) and had a totally normal, healthy pregnancy. Talk with your Dr about your calorie and weight gain requirements. Keep on making healthy choices and exercising. Congratulations again, babies are so much fun!
  • Congratulations! Trying to keep the weight gain down this time as well
  • Congratulations!! I was about 220 when I conceived my DD who is now 10 months. I had a wonderful pregnancy - no problems. I hope you have a very healthy and happy 9 months!!
  • Thanks everyone for the tips and it is so good to see other women who have gone through it or are currently going through it. I had my first baby 3 1/2 years ago and I went from 220 to 250, but was back to 220 a month after having my daughter. I just am really worried about starting at 250 this time. Everything went fine the first time, but I had the worst swelling in my legs the first time. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
  • congrats
  • congratulations! A trip to the nutritionist would be quite helpful. Best of luck for an enjoyable pregnancy.