Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 06-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #16  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4life View Post
Kestrel, I hope its soon.
Since I'm having a NON medicated birth, I'm wondering what position is best to birth a large baby, I birthed my last in a squatting position.
I would say listen to your body during labor, that should be a good guide for you! All of mine were unmedicated (1 hospital, 2 at home, planning this one at home also) so I don't have anything to compare it too.

With DD1 I was laboring in the water, then when my midwife got to my house she asked me if I wanted to be checked or not. I wasn't sure if I was really in labor yet or not, so I said yes. I climbed out of the birth tub and 2 steps away, as I was leaning over to get on the futon, my water broke as DD1 crowned. I felt very strongly that I wanted to lay on my left side, the urge was overwhelming! 2 pushes and she was out, all 10 lbs of her (with her hand over her head).

With DD2 I was also laboring in the water, leaning back against the side of the birth tub. My water broke again as the baby crowned and I had this overwhelming urge to get on my hands and knees, kind of leaning over the side of the birth tub. DH helped support me under my arms and DD2 came flying out, maybe 3 minutes. She came at 38 weeks so she was a bit smaller at only 9 lb 9 oz.

This time I'm just going to listen to my body again, see which position I need to be in at the time. Based on my history (and the fact that this is the first time I've made it to my due date in any of my pregnancies) we would be really shocked if this baby is less than 9 lbs, though I do feel like s/he is smaller than DD1.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:23 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

WOW! your births sound so easy. lol
With my last one I planned a water birth. With this pregnancy I don't really have a plan on what I'd like....I know my midwife will ask soon but I have no clue. I think I'll just wing it when the time comes, same goes for the position. I do know what you mean about listening to your body though, that's what happened when I had my last one.....I just ended up leaning over the tub in a squatting position. Originally I was leaning back on the side, I thought that was how I wanted to do it but then somehow I ended up in the other position. All I know is that my midwife told me I was free to birth in whatever position I felt good at and when I did she told me it was a great position. I just remember asking myself "really, this position?"
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote